•23•

•Mike's pov•
I silently cried the rest of the car ride back to Joyce's. I felt heartbroken. I hated myself for not protecting her.

Once we got back to Joyce's, I ran to Will's room to see that he got a little better but he was  sleeping. El was on the other side holding his hand.

She looked at me a little scared and got up quickly. I felt myself wrap my arms around her as I cried. She hugged back and cried with me.

"She's dead El, she died because we couldn't help her" I said. I felt her body tense up and she pulled away.

I looked at her face and her eyes were screwed shut. She looked like she was in a lot of pain. Her breathing started to increase.

I panicked and yelled for help. Joyce, Hopper, Nancy, Steve, Jonathan and the rest of the party ran in.

Hopper pulled El in a hug as she stay crying as she held her head in pain.

"I'm, sorry" I heard someone say. Our heads turned to will to see his sweat stained face. Joyce's ran up to him and said "your sorry? about what".

I heard thumping and growling from outside. Everyone but Joyce and Will ran up to the living room.

The growling got louder. We've already been through this but El can't help us this time. The adults grabbed guns . Lucas grabbed his flashlight, Max pulled out a pocket knife and Steve gave Dustin his famous baseball bat.

And I was the weird one with a candle again.

Banging and Growling echoed through the house as we were all scared for dear life.

The growling stopped and so did everyone's hard breathing. For a second we thought we were safe until the head of a demogorgan shot through the Window.

We all looked at it in horror as we watch it slowly die on the floor from being decapitated.

Then the door opened and we all pointed our weapons towards it.

I felt the candle fall out of my hand as I saw y/n limping in.

I pushed my way past all the adults to be face to face with her. Dried up blood covered her face as she held her side in pain.

She was also crying.

She wrapped her arms around my as she cried on my shoulder. I hugged back tightly, afraid to let go.

She pulled away but I didn't want her to.

"I-i thought we lost you" I said as I wiped her tears.

"You could never lose me" she said.

.