•25•

•y/n pov•

Joyce, the teens and all of the party was outside as Jane and I were getting ready to get in hoppers truck.

"Please be careful" I heard mike say and I turned around to be met face to face with him. I softly smiled at him.

"I will be" I said.

"And next Friday, umm, it's homecoming for the high schoolers,....maybe we can g-g-go together" he said and I chuckled.

"I don't know what that is" I said and he smiled with me. "It's like a big party for high schoolers, you dance and eat cake too" he said.

I smiled and nodded. "I'll be there" I said. He started leaning in, so did I.

"Let's get going kid" hopper said breaking up the never gotten kiss.

We awkwardly pulled away and I turned around to run to the car.

As the car took off, Mike watched it. Jane and I sat in the back seat together. I looked over and saw Jane looking out the window and she looked hurt.

"El, are you o-" I said before she cut me off.

"You lied" she said as she looked at me with glossy eyes.

"Lie?" I questioned. "It's when you don't tell the truth, and friends don't lie" she said. Hopper watched us in the mirror.

"I never lied about anything" I said. She glared at me.

"Oh yeah, you never told me that you and Mike had something going on when we broke up" she said.

"Jane I-"

"No, don't even lie again, he invited you to homecoming and you were about to kiss" she said. Anger took over her to where she started cry.

"Mike doesn't love me anymore, he loves you" she said.

"El, calm down" hopper said as we got to the lab.

"I AM CALM" she said breaking her glare at me  to look at hopper.

I stayed silent as she kept yelling and crying while Hopper tried to calm her down. Everything came to a blur.

I can't take this anymore.

I got out of the car as both of them walked behind me.

"Y/n, WAIT" Hopper said as he stormed in front of me. "We can't have you getting hurt again" he said.  I rolled my eyes and pointed to my head.

"Save those powers, you'll need them" he said and I started getting scared. I felt El push pass me and followed hopper into the Lab.

What did I get myself into.