Chapter 25: The Date Part 3

~Joy's Pov~

I'm supposed to be nervous right? I am meeting my boyfriends parents for the first time. Oh gosh his parents. I heard a lot about them from Zayn. Mostly it was about his sisters. And I know how he feels. I talk about my sister, Gabby, all the time. Of course he talks about his mom and dad, but I hear more about his sisters than his own parents. Which is weird when you think about it.

"Babe, you okay?" Zayn asks snapping me out of my thoughts. I shake my head a little then smile. "Of course! Why wouldn't I be?" "I know there's something wrong," Zayn replies looking at me when we get to the red light. "It's ok, my parents will love you. I promise." He takes my hand and kisses it right before the light turns green.

I just nod and look down to see that he's still holding my hand while his other hand is driving. I turn on the radio to avoid the awkward silence. "And next, coming up is 5 Seconds Of Summer with their new song, She Looks So Perfect." The radio announcer says, then the song starts. I start singing along with the radio and Zayn joins in too.

Simmer down, simmer down

They say we're too young now to amount to anything else

But look around

We work too damn hard for this just to give it up now

If you don't swim, you'll drown

But don't move, honey

You look so perfect standing there

In my American Apparel underwear

And I know now, that I'm so down

Your lipstick stain is a work of art

I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart

And I know now, that I'm so down (hey!)

We continued singing until the song ended and went to commercials. I would say that we sang beautifully but that would be lying. We sang obnoxiously loud. We started laughing as Zayn pulls into a drive way. My guess: it's his driveway.

"We're here." He says squeezing my hand reasuringly. I smile and nod as he helps me out of the car. Well, his house looks nice, from the outside anyway.

"Ok, I know I said this before but I will say this again. My sisters get a little crazy when I bring a girl to the house. So you don't have to answer every single question they ask." I laugh at Zayn's advice. "Zayn, I have a sister at home. I know how this all works." He laughs then kisses my cheek.

We walk up to the house and Zayn knocks on the door. Almost instantly, the doors open and we see a woman figure. His mom. "Zayn!" She exclaims and hugs him. He laughs and hugs back. I just smiled. "I missed you so much Zaynie." She says into the hug. Zayn replies, " I mised you too, Mum."

They looked so cute together. After a while, I started shifting on my feet, feeling like a third wheel. I let out a small cough, and I guess Zayn heard me because he pulled away from his mother and started to introduce me to her.

"Mom, this is Joy, my girlfriend." He smiles at me and I smile back.

She smiles at me, then gives me a hug. I didn't expect that but I still hugged back. "Welcome to the family, Joy. You are such a beautiful young girl. How old are you?"

"Well, I'm 17 but I'll be turning 18 in two months." I respond with the same old smile on my face.

"You look too young to be 17! Sometimes I can see why people call Zayn a ped-" but Zayn cuts in before his mom can continue.