Chapter 31: Amnesia

~ Lindsey's POV ~

I got the frozen corn from the freezer. The girls gave me weird looks and I just gave them the look saying I'll tell you later. It's weird how that works.

I walk fastly back to the room. I see Niall holding his crotch and watching Spongebob. "I um, here." I stutter handing him the frozen vegetable bag.

"Thanks," he replies. He puts it on the area where it, ya know, hurts. He sighs of relief and I can't help but giggle. He looks at me smiling and motions me over to him. I walk over to him and sit next to him.

"Sorry that I hit your... area." I blush a deep red. I can't believe I just said that. Stupid. Lindsey, stupid!

He chuckles noticing my embarrassment. He gently pulls me over so I'm lying on his shoulder. "It's fine, babe. Accidents happen ya know?" I nod and we continue watching the end of Spongebob.

My favorite part was on when they just start rocking out in the stadium. Niall and I are head banging while my cell rings. I pout because it ruined my moment.

I picked it up and saw it was Makayla. I answered quickly. "Makayla? Look I'm so sorry about everything that happened today. I didn't mean it! Please please please forgi- " She cuts me off.

Well, more like he cuts me off. "Lindsey it's me, Harry." He sounds distressed. Why? I mean, did he not get Makayla back? If he didn't, why did he have her phone?

"Harry? What's wrong? Why do you have Makayla's phone? Did yours die? Where's Makayla?" Niall looks at me with questioning eyes and I give him the finger. Wait, not the finger, but the finger you give when you tell someone to wait. You know, you're pointer finger.

"Lindsey," He starts but he hiccups before he can continue. "Makayla isn't here." How isn't she there? Is she in a mall or something?

"What do you mean she's not there?" I ask, getting more suspicious and worried.

He lets out a shaky breath before he says four words that made my heart stop.

"She's in the hospital."

~Joy's Pov~

We were all watching Family Guy in the living room. We laughed as Stewie sass talks Brian. "Louis, that's you." Liam chuckles pointing at Stewie.

"Shut up Liam I'm trying to watch the show, but since your loud mouth nee-" He didn't finish his sassing because Nat shushes him.

I giggle. "Look who's Stewie now." Natalie looks at me frowning. I laugh, snuggling into Zayn's chest. I listen to his heart beat. It's so soothing that I start to doze off. Until Lindsey and Niall come running in.

Lindsey has tears streaming down her face. I instantly get up and run over to comfort her.

"Oh my god Linds, what's wrong? Niall what did you do? If you hurt her I swear to G-"

"I-It's not Niall," She quickly replies. I look at Niall and give him an apologetic smile. He nods and side hugs Lindsey.

"Then what's wrong?" Anna asks, coming up to us. Lindsey doesn't respond. She looks like a small, hairless chihuahua. She's shaking uncontrollably, like she's about to explode any minute.

She looks at Niall and he nods. She looks back at all of us again. Everyone's now in the huddle.

"I-It's Makayla," She starts. "She's in the hospital." That's when she starts to break down right in Niall's arms. He's rocking her back and forth whispering things into her ear.

I just stand there in shock. No, this-this can't be happening. My best friend can't be in the hospital. What happened? I look around and Natalie has her elbows on her knees and her head in her hands. She's shaking her head back and forth, chanting 'No' over and over again. Louis is holding her, whispering into her ear.