Chapter 2

(Levi POV)

When Hanji first wanted us to go and get a mermaid it sounded like complete bullshit.

/flashback/

"Hanji are sure they even fucking exists?.", "100% positive the docking boats have even seen them migrate around here for years but catch glimpses of them they are very sly and really sneaky too!!!" She said.

"Hanji your getting your hopes up too much just for them to be crushed if these things don't exist." I said leaning my head into my hand pretending to inspect my other hand nails.

"But this is all where you come in Levi." She said excitedly. "You want me to go and try to catch a mythical beast that has a for sure chance of being fake, so you can study it."

"Yep. But I know the exact location point there gonna be passing by while migrating from the other ships at the dock that fish. That's when you are gonna be there to all you have to do is hang a net catch one botaboom batabing!" She emphasized it by throwing her hands in the air.

"Alright but I swear to god Hanji if there isn't anything there when I get to the point but Mermaids I'am personally gonna kill you and crush your hopes all in one." I got up and started walking to the door.

"I know you can do it Levi your the best huntsman I know and best friend!" "Yeah sure..."

*door slams shut*

/End flashback/

Now here we are on the on the Pacific Ocean east to Europe. Looking for some damn slimy migrating mermaids. "Levi sir!" "What is it Petra?."

"We have spotted something straight ahead sir, we think it's a good chance it might be the migration!" I straightened up from being hunched over the edge of the boat. "How soon till we intercourse with them and there migration." "Exactly five minutes sir."

"Perfect." "Set the nets Petra." I hope Hanji is fuckin happy when were taking this hassle to an extent.

➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰

(Eren POV)

"Crap Mikasa what do we do!" "It's too late to change course to evade them Eren...."

"We'll just have to swim past them." Mikasa said. "Eren tell the elders to ready themselves for close combat if is nessary."

"What about the younger children?" "You, Armin, and Jean will take care of them for now were a really small group so you guys will have to do."

I told every one what to do and me Armin and Jean were swimming in a protected circle guard around the younger children readied with small spears if needed.

Armin seemed really nervous though "Eren this doesn't seem right the boat don't come this far just to fish there gotta be another reason."

"Even so Armin we'll be ready." By this time Jean chimed in. "Yeah Armin they'll probably be too charmed by Mikasa that they would care about the rest of us!" I whacked Jean in the back with my tail for that comment on my adoptive sister.

We were almost by the boat when... Mikasa yelled at us. "EREN, JEAN NET!!"

"Wha.. Shit Jean, Armin move away the kids move them away !"

I had got the kids closest to the boat moved away. I was about to swim too right after the first kid got out the reach of the net but I got caught.

"Eren!" I could see here and some other swimming towards me ready to cut me out with their coral knifes. I struggled as well to get out but it was useless.

But they came too late right after I was pulled up in the net.

(Levi POV)

We got lucky cause a lot of the slimy thing moved out reach but I think we were able to get one.

The whole crew had to pull up the net fast too, cause some of the others had come to arrange some help get the mermaid out of the net.

Once they pulled it up and got the net off of it. I pulled my sword out.

"Tch, well look what we got here."