Chapter 13: Saving Leo Dooley

I sneak into the basement, flashlight in hand. I don't dare turn on the lights, because someone is bound to see me. I close the door as quietly and quickly as possible when I hear someone call,

"Who's there?" I search the room.

"Leo?" I call.

"No! The ice cream man! Bree, is that you?"

"No, it's Gwen." There's a pause.

"Well, GET OUTTA HERE!"

"SHH! They'll hear us." I see Leo trapped in Marcus' old capsule, before he got a room. I quickly run over to him.

"No!" He calls. "Don't come any closer! I'm warning you! I'm armed! With..." He searches his pockets.

"A pencil...and a paper clip! They can be very dangerous weapons!" I roll my eyes and walk up to him.

"Stop acting like that." I snap. "I'm here to free you." He stops struggling. Then, he pauses.

"How do I know I can trust you?" I give him a look.

Yet again, he pauses.

"Good point. Wait!" I stop unlocking the door.

"Yeah?"

"What do you want? If your freeing me, then you obviously want something." I sigh and open the door.

"Leo, I don't want anything from you. Now, use your phone and call Mr. Davenport to come pick you up." The door is open, but he doesn't walk out. I widen my eyes at him and gesture to outside the capsule.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" He folds his arms.

"Why are you freeing me?"

"Because, what I think what my father is doing is wrong. And, it's wrong to kidnap people." I reply, making a reference to myself and him.

"So..." He says. "What you're saying is...your not evil." I shake my head.

"Sorry to disappoint." He nods.

"One sec." He pulls his phone a taps a few things. He bring his phone up close to his face to record something.

"March 27th, subject: Gwen. Attention, Gwen is NOT evil and thinks what her father is doing is wrong. Oh, and quick note to self, remember to record Funeral Mishaps." Then, he calls Mr. Davenport.

"Big D? Leo. Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Yes, I know it's around midnight. You know Marcus' house? Yeah, could you pick me up? Yes. Is it okay if I explain later?" He nods. "It is? Great. Oh, and it would be great if you could come right now. Thanks. See you in a few. Bye."

He puts his phone back in his pocket and turns to me.

"Alright, let's get out of here." Suddenly, there's a blinding flash as the room flickers to life. Marcus and DAD walk in dramatically. Dad folds his arms.

"Not so fast, Dooley."

"Dad," I say, clenching my fists. "Not right now." He shakes his head.

"Sorry pumpkin. But, I just can't let you get away. Not again." Again? Have I forgotten something?

"So," Dad says. "Leave the boy here. And Gwen, come quietly with me."

We're trapped! The only way out is through them, and I can't use my bionics in front of Leo. Dad rolls his eyes.

"C'mon Gwen. You want to be a hero, don't you? Well, be one. Do the right thing." I shake my head.

"No, a hero is someone who does the right thing. Not the wrong thing." Suddenly, Marcus punches dad in the back of the head. He should've been knocked out, only he's not and hits Marcus back. They launch into a fight as Marcus yells,

"GO!" I grab Leo's wrist and lead him outside, just as Mr. Davenport's car pulls up.

"Gwen?" He asks. "Leo? What's going on?" I'm about to answer, when there's a sound similar to an explosion. I whirl around and see that our house is one fire. Fire.

"MARCUS!" I yell. I watch anxiously, but he doesn't come out.

"Get in!" Mr. Davenport calls. We get into his car and speed off down the road.

[A/N: Hi! So, the next chapter will probably be the last for this book. Sorry that it was so short. But, I will be continuing the next book as soon as I'm done this one. The title will come out in the next chapter. Hope you enjoyed!

-FeraDragonlite

Watch Lab Rats on Disney XD!)

Oh, and while your at it, watch Zoey 101 too!