Chapter 21: Confused

"What do you mean?"

"I didn't say anything." He says, frowning. I shake my head.

"Yes you did. Remember? About my dad?"

"Again, I really didn't say anything." I nod. Okay, I guess I'm going crazy. For some people, they're siblings and loud noises give them headaches. For me, it's practically paranoia over my dad telling everyone me and Marcus' bionic secrets. That's what gives me headaches.

We walk down the street to where you can clearly see Mr. Davenport's house.

Is he here already? Is Bree okay? Is Adam fine? What happened to Leo? Why do I care?

"Come on," We run up to the front door and Chase opens it with a pair of keys from his pocket. We practically burst through as Marcus runs up to us.

"Where were you, Gwen? I had a heart attack when I discovered you were gone! I thought-"

"Marcus,-"

"No, don't interrupt." He pauses. "Wait, actually I was done." I laugh and walk over to the couch, prepared for more scoldings.

I look around. Me, Chase and Marcus are the only ones in the room.

"Where are the others?" Marcus folds his arms and closes the door.

"Bree and Adam are in their basement, but Mr. Davenport, Leo and Mrs. Davenport are out looking for YOU!" I sigh. Sometimes it feels like the universe just hates me. What did I do to you?

••••

"I'm really tired."

"I know."

"I don't think I should be here."

"I know." Me and Chase are sitting on the landing, just like we did before.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I ask innocently. He's giving me a look that almost makes me nauseous. A look as if we're both complete strangers, and I started acting really creepy and started talking to him.

"There's something I should tell you..."'He says without looking at me. I let out a small breath.

"Are you going to tell me that your a vampire?" I ask hopefully. Weird, I know. But I'll try anything.

"I didn't think it was true before, but after I went to your dad's lab last night..." I quickly become feeling really weird and awkward. I wish he would just tell me already, because I need to know if the thing he's about to tell me is the thing that I'm hoping that he won't tell me and doesn't know...wait, I confused myself.

"I know about it." He says. I close my eyes and chose my words carefully.

"I'm...sorry. I should have told you before."

"That's true."

I stare at the ground. I knew this would happen eventually. I just didn't think all this would happen so soon.

"Are you going to tell the others?" He sighs, still not looking at me.

"I...I don't know." I nod sadly.

"I can understand that."

"Can you?" He snaps. He looks angry now. I'm worried that whatever I say after this will make things worse. I should be speechless, but all I can think of is things to say to make him hate me less.

Then, he finally looks at me and has a cross between awkward and angry on his face, if that's possible.

"But, it's okay."

"It...it is?"

"Yeah," He says, leaning into me.

••••

I'm confused. I should be overjoyed at what Chase did...and I really didn't think he would do it. I always thought I'd be the one to kiss him. But it really doesn't matter, because we kissed anyway!

But, he hates me, doesn't he? I mean, I've been lying to him and his family since day 1. So why would he do that? He did the exact opposite of what I thought he would do. I thought he would kick me out of his house and never speak to me again. But...he didn't. We stayed out there for about 2 hours, and the subject of my keeping secrets didn't come up at all. Now that was a real date.

So, what about the rest of his family? Will they be as forgiving as Chase? Does he really forgive me at all? He's only made me even more confused.

Oh well, it's late. I should be getting some rest anyway. It's already passed 2 a.m. I turn off my lights, thinking about all the wonderful things that just happened, hoping that there's more to come.

[A/N: Sorry that these updates are happening less frequently. I've been working in my other book The Watcher, which is already out now by the way. So, sorry about that. But, the story is coming to an end anyway. So, thanks!]