Ch. 17-Visits and Truth or Dare

One Month Later
Lauren's POV

Louis won't even look at me. I've decided nothing will change so I best be leaving and get out of his way. When he comes downstairs I go up and grab my passport and charger then go out before he comes back up. I don't even care about the clothes anymore. I booked a flight for tonight and it's probably the last time I'll ever see him. He won't notice I'm missing since he never looks up. All he does is go to work and lock himself up or buy beer. Sarah is taking me to the airport. She and Liam are now together and she moved here with him. I didn't tell Louis' family I'm going since after two weeks I was in the way there too.

When he comes out the last two times I grab some clothes and my carry-on bag and stuff it all in there. Sarah tells me she is here and she takes me to the airport.

~

Terah picks me up at the airport and drives me home. I have never stopped crying at night since he proposed. I fucked it all up and I know it's never going to be mended. I ruined our relationship! When I get home mom and dad hug me tightly. I go to my room and sob myself to sleep.

Three Days Later

   I get a call from Louis but I don't answer. It's probably an accident. He calls two more times and I finally answer.

Me-Hello?

   I sure don't have any confidence in my voice.

Louis-Why did you leave me?
Me-I'm invisible to you. I've tried to talk, but you roll your eyes and ignore me. I know I ruined us and you have no idea how much it hurts me! I love you so fucking much and the sad thing is, you only just realised I'm not there. I left three days ago.
Louis-I'm sorry! Please come back! We can work this back out! I'm sorry for being a dick and ignoring you so much that it just happened every time! I love you so fucking much too! I'm sorry I didn't notice you left! I noticed I didn't hear you crying like three hours ago and called everyone to see where you were. I'm so sorry! Please come back!
Me-Louis...I'll come back once you prove to me that you are going to be my Louis again. No alcohol and I need some attention. Like I said, I'm invisible. It hurts so much!
Louis-I can show you here! Please baby?
Me-Dad will never let me leave especially to see you. You'll have to figure that out too Louis.
Louis-Say you forgot your clothes!
Me-He knows I didn't care enough to get my clothes. I snuck in there and got my passport, charger, a handful of clothes and a carry-on suitcase.
Louis-Please?

   He starts crying.

Me-When was the last time you cried?
Louis-I can't remember. It's all a blur.

   I sigh and look at my One Direction posters staring me down.

Me-If I come see Sarah, I will drop by and see you.
Louis-Lauren what do you want me to do? I want you back! Please?
Me-Fine. You call my dad and you explain it ALL. Then you convince Sarah. She might bust your ass. Fair warning. Then you call me everyday however many times you think is best and you show me you still want me and love me. If you convince both of them and me then I'll come back and maybe stay with you. If not with you then I'll stay at the boys/Liam's, or a hotel if I come.
Louis-I'll do it all and stop drinking! Tell Sarah to get all the alcohol out of the house!
Me-I can do that. Now, let me get sleep now that I'm not sobbing myself to sleep since my boyfriend doesn't hate me now.
Louis-I will never hate you love. You mean everything to me! I'm so sorry about what happened! I wasn't expecting to get a no. My heart broke and I thought to myself that you would never say yes if I ever asked.
Me-I told you I'd say yes if your family said it's fine! Lottie regrets not calling five minutes earlier. I regret not saying yes. Who knows, maybe if I did we'd be planning a wedding or maybe you left me like I keep picturing.
Louis-I will never leave you! I love you!
Me-And I love you! Just do what I said and your girlfriend will be back.
Louis-Thank you! Get some rest and I'll call you tomorrow morning baby!
Me-Thank you! I'll see you soon maybe Lou. I love you and get some rest too!
Louis-I love you too! I will and you too!
Me-Bye Louis.
Louis-Bye princess!
End of conversation