Ch. 29-Emergency trips and Police Department

Lauren's POV
Twenty Minutes Later

   My phone rings making me groan. I look at the time and see I've barely been asleep. It's my mom calling though. I get up and step into the hallway, turning the light on.

Me-Hello?
Mom-Hi honey! I'm just calling to check on you. I'm sorry for everything in New York.
Me-Mom it's two a.m. here.
Mom-I'm sorry. I totally forgot!

   She sounds like she's nervous about something.

Me-What's wrong? I can hear it in your voice.
Mom-Your grandpa is in the hospital and your dad is losing his mind.
Me-Do I need to come home? I can talk to Louis.
Mom-I-I don't know!

   She starts crying.

Me-Let me wake Lou up. Give me a minute.
Mom-O-Ok.

   I sigh and go into the bedroom. "Baby," I shake Louis.

   "What's wrong love," he groans rubbing his eyes. "How long have we been asleep?"

   "Twenty minutes," I sigh. "My mom called and she said that my grandpa is in the hospital and my dad is going nuts. I asked if I need to go home and she said she doesn't know." He opens his arms for me.

   "Alright. Put her on speaker baby," he kisses my temple. I put the call on speaker.

Louis-Mrs. James, how bad is her grandfather?
Mom-He fell and they found out he has to have open heart surgery and a pacemaker.
Louis-Shit. How long will it take?
Mom-He's supposed to be getting surgery within the next week. It will take him at least a month to recover.
Me-What about you though Lou? I can't leave you with the news about Z. You won't be allowed to go to America since we are getting ready for tour.
Louis-I don't know baby. I'll be wherever you are.
Me-What's the life expectancy Mom?
Mom-Fifty-two percent.

   My head falls to Louis' chest. "What do I do," I ask Louis.

   "We probably need to go for the surgery in case something happens and you'll have to say goodbye," Louis runs his hand through his messy hair.

   "But tour," I point out.

   "I'll talk to Simon tomorrow. If they make me fly back then I will, but I'm not leaving you alone. Especially after your dad ruined the trip and now that your grandfather is undergoing a major surgery."

   "Ok," I nod and hug him.

Louis-Miss James, we will be there in the morning. We will text you when we are almost there.
Mom-Thank you! I'm so sorry for this!
Louis-It's ok. Don't worry.
Mom-Thank you Louis! Y'all please be careful!
Me-We will be.
Mom-Will you stay with us or at a hotel?
Louis-We will stay at your house until your husband fucks it up. I'm doing whatever is best for Lauren.
Mom-Ok. Thank you for giving us a chance.
Louis-You're welcome. Get some rest. We will be there around eight.
Mom-Ok! Thank you again!
Us-You're welcome. Bye!
Mom-Bye!
End of conversation

   "I'm sorry princess," Louis sighs and rubs my back. I shake my head.

"I'm sorry too baby. It feels like tour can't come soon enough," I sigh.

"I know even though I'm dreading most of it now," he admits.

"Live your best life. Don't dwell on the bad things," I cup his cheek. He smiles at me and kisses me sweetly.

"I love you! You're amazing!" I blush and hug him.

"I love you more! You're incredible," I grin. We pull away and pack a bag of clothes for a week and a half. I call Zayn.