Chapter 5

*Jungkook's POV*

"What do you mean you never told me that?" Taehyung asked with a confused face. He tilted it to one side and looked at me quizically. "Remeber, when we walked around the park? You told me we should visit it. That was the day you told me it was your favourite."

"This is only the second time I met you, we never walked in the park." I said, my voice cracking slightly. It was unintentional, but I regretted it as soon as I felt the hurt that was radiating towards me though Taehyung's expression. "Look, you might be confusing me with someone else." I said calmly this time.

Taehyung let out a deep sigh and walked closer to me. "Yeah, you must be right. We never took a walk in the park this time."

His wording was strange to me, but I didn't pay any more attention to it. We just went to the cafe and ordered our drinks.

"So tell me, what made you so interested in me?" I asked.

Taehyung looked at me for a second, as if in deep thought and answered, "Your mind." He blurted out.

"My what now?"

"Your mind. You have a brilliant mind." He repeated, this time smiling.

"Look, I may have some interest in science and I really do love it, but man am I barely passing my classes." I replied and laughed nervously.

"You might think that, but I know what your capabilities are."

"What makes you so sure?" I asked while raising my eyebrow.

"Instinct." He simply replied. To be honest, I didn't know how to reply to that so I went with it.  "Tell me, what made you choose physics as a major?" He asked.

"I don't know... I sort of have this.."

"Feeling?" Taehyung continued when I couldn't find the words.

"Yeah, you might say that." I looked around suspiciously and then leaned closer to him. He looked confused at first, but he leaned closer too. "You see, when I was little I saw this strange thing. I don't know how to explain it. I saw this man come out of what looked like a black hole. He saw me, went up to me and told me to wait for him a little longer."

"Oh really?" Taehyung asked, his tone suggesting that he doesn't believe me.

"Yes, I'm not joking!" I chuckled and leaned back on my chair.

"Do you remember how the man looked?" He asked after a long pause.

"To be honest, I'm not that sure." I replied and looked down.

"Was he handsome like me?" Taehyung asked jokingly, but his tone also carried an evident factor of seriousness. I looked at his for a long time, examining his face carefully.

"What makes you think you're so handsome?"

"Ah, how could you?" He acted as if he was being shot and fell back into his chair dramatically, but then he asked the question again. "Really, though, did he look like me?" I don't know why was he so pinned on knowing whether or not the man looked like him.

"I'm not sure, probably not. That man was shorter than both of us now, but his body structure was a little similar to yours. I don't know... it was a long time ago." I frowned and looked away from him. "I'll tell you one thing though, when he-"

A phone suddenly rang and I was cut off. Both of us looked around and saw that Taehyung's phone was ringing. It was an unknown number. He frowned and answered the phone. As he was hearing the other person out, his frown grew deeper.

"Fine, I'm coming." He said and hung up. "Sorry, but I have to leave urgently." He said while picking his things up.

"What happened?" I asked, concerned.

"Someone broke into my office." He replied after a pause. "I have to go, bye!" He waved and left quickly.  I was left alone, but I didn't mind it. I still had some coffee left to drink.

After a while had passed, I looked around at the people at the cafe. There was people I knew, people I didn't know, but one person still caught my attention.

He was sitting alone too, a hoodie covering his head. The side was slightly visible, but what caught my attention was that he wasn't breaking visible contact with me. Even when I looked at him, his eyes were still glued to me and I immediately knew...

He was the man I was talking about.