Chapter 27

*Jimin 3 (From Taehyung's original dimension) POV*

I went back to the abandoned building's basement because something always seemed off after I saved Jungkook from here. The other Jungkook stopped stalking him, as if he'd suddenly vanished.

I'd been following him since I came here and I knew he always couldn't stay away from this world's version of him.  Observing his every move, trying to figure out what made him better to Taehyung. I always saw the pain in his eyes and it broke my heart. My mind would always go back to my precious little Kookie.

But this one was full of hatred and vengeance. This Jungkook wanted revenge on all of us for leaving him alone and I couldn't blame him. He fell in love with Taehyung who decided to leave him without a sense to waste. My version of his world never met him, the one he was supposed to fall in love with, but ended up loving Tae.

I felt sorry for him, but when I saw him holding that knife near Kookie, my mind went completely blank. The ground beneath me started to shake and my knees barely supported me. That's why I wasn't hesitant in pulling the trigger. Unfortunately, I'd shot both of them...

I stepped closer to the rusty door and pushed it with all my might. I struggled under its heavy weight as it creaked, sending creepy echoes along the corridors.

No response.

I took a couple of careful steps into the room until what I saw shattered the little sanity I had abandoned my messed up mind. What I felt, what I did, was inhuman.

My body fell to the ground, unable to support me, unable to carry the heavy guilt of my misdoing.

"Kookie..." I half whispered, the word failing to properly leave my lips. Tears started flowing from my eyes and, falling on top of his cold, pale cheeks.

I pressed my hand on his wound, screaming as loud as I could. No! Not again! I won't let it happen. Oh, God, help me! Don't leave me! Kookie..

Holding him in my arms made me remember the first time he died just right there. All the pain I'd been keeping inside of me went spreading right back out. I couldn't bare it. My heart shattered. I screamed and I did so until I couldn't anymore.

I knew attending to his wounds wouldn't bring him back to life but it was the least I could do. My hands were shaking badly and I was barely able to rip a cloth to press the wound with. I pressed my back against the wall and pulled him towards me.

Then I heard the sound. Clink.

I looked to the side and saw a piece of glass fall from Jungkook's hand. It perfectly matched to the wound to his side, a wound I failed to notice.

Suicide.

The word felt heavy in my mind. I wasn't able to process it. I just couldn't.

All he wanted was someone to love him and I killed him because of it.

I could never forgive myself.