Chapter 28

*POV: Taehyung- the original dimention*

'Let me explain'
Three words I hadn't heard from anyone. I was all ears for the person who said them, reading three repeating names on a bloodied piece of paper. "Jimin, Jungkook, Taehyung- alive alive and alive. Are you following?" I looked up and nodded my head, confirming to the other man that the first set was alive and well.

He did have my face, after all.
I laid back on my seat, not able to break eye-contact. A habit all my versions apparently had. "But," he continued, not phased by the weird situation. "Jimin, Jungkook, Taehyung- missing, dead and misplaced." He raised two hands, imitating a scale and weighing the two sets together.

"Doesn't make much sense, does it?" He finally said and sat across from me.
"Let me reintroduce myself, as you seem to not have caught on. Hi." He extended a hand to initiate his introduction, but got Namjooned and brought it back down to his lap. I moved closer, immediately curious as to how he could make sense of this.

"My name's Taehyung, and unlike you, I belong here. The Jungkook you've recently met here is not confused and is in the right place. He and I met online because he studies here, while I study all the way in Daegu. So imagine with me, my surprise when I finally met the version of me who'd started it all. The version who wanted to 1-up all of us by claiming the infinite universe- you."

My eyes teared up in a mixture of confusion and realization. I had caused too much damage and meeting myself was officially a sign that I'd had to pause and listen. But then again, it would mean that everything I did was in vain.

"Give me one good answer, Taehyung, as to why you know about me." I asked him and trembled with anticipation that was slowly knotting my insides. Could this be it? The reason why I've been so careless- was it because I'd never met myself?

"Because it's not the first time we do this. Our connection is that, in every universe, we start this entire time travel route." Taehyung pointed at the worm-hole gun and looked at me. "You could be 50, a mad scientist, a university student, American.... a mad 50-year-old American university student, my point is- you hold the key to initiating interdimensional travel. It's always your fault- sometimes indirectly. Sometimes you die before it's complete, and someone else finds your work and ends up inventing this doomsday device."

"In my case, I've gathered information for blueprints, from the countless versions of us who have accidentally met me. Is that what you want? For this healthy universe to also be corrupted?"

"You said you've met Jungkook online." Ignoring his hurtful slap of truth, I proceeded to lean forward and fill my own blanks in. "Then that means he knows two versions of us- you and I both."

"About that." Taehyung unlocked his phone to show me the image he had in his background- a girl. "Kim Taehyung, meet Kim YuNa- our sister. Well, my sister. I'm assuming you didn't have one since you're so heartless. I use her SNS profile sometimes, because I'm a pervert, as you are on the inside. Everything Jungkook knows about me is true except for the fact that I'm a man, and an admirer of his, not going to lie."

It made too much sense. The more he talked, the angrier I got with myself. The responsibility I felt alone was enough to weigh my head down and pin my blank eyes to the desk- I caused this, every. single. time. No. I did it for a reason- for happiness and reunion. Stubborn as I was, I snapped my head back up, ready to argue, only to see that in this universe, I was sensitive.

"Let's go see him." Taehyung was crying, an extended hand asking me to join him. Unsure, I took it. Every following action was made with hesitation- it was so unlike me to question the course of everything, but on our way to see Jungkook, I hesitated every step I took, every breath that entered my lungs felt like it shouldn't have gone through.

"You're already being weakened by this place- it's where you shouldn't be. You can't be happy when every real piece of your first life has died." Taehyung spoke with ease, as if he'd acquired the wisdom of every one of us who's visited him in this current, short lifespan.

He slowed down as his softening eyes landed on the two men I've been deprived from. The man I should have bid a farewell to since his first death, and the one I should have trusted before my first journey.