Chapter 8

*Jungkook's POV*
*during the cafe meeting*

I was about to stand up, when the man looked away and changed his attention from me to someone else.

They were right behind me and I didn't want to look obvious by looking back. I just waited and waited and waited... until the man took out his phone and wrote something. He then pointed towards it and then towards something else.

After a while he stood up quietly and left the cafe. A loud noise was heard and someone ran out. Unfortunately I couldn't see who it was.

I went home only to see that something wasn't quite right. The drawer was slightly open and I'm sure it shouldn't have been, because I always make sure to close it well.

I ran up to it, thinking that there was a robbery, but everything I had in there was reserved and had a new item added.

A diary.

I put my hand in my pocket, reaching for my phone, only to find it wasn't there.

"The hell?" I continued to curse as I tried and find it. At the end I gave up and sat on the chair. I looked at the closed diary and wondered who could've put it here. After a while I decided to open it.

Property of: Park Jimin

That was written on the first page. Even though the name was crossed out, I could still read it. I turned the page, but the first ten or so were ripped out.

Day 36

Even though I was an investigator, I still couldn't find any clues or hints. All I got was the letter V.
From the beginning I knew that man was suspicious, but I just couldn't find anything on him. The guy wasn't even on any records.
He avoided public places, so even the camera's barely picked him up.
One picture and a letter. That's all I have of him.
Damn that man.

I flipped the pages wanting to know more and more. Who was Park Jimin and who was the man known as V? I wanted to know but there wasn't much info in the diary. A police investigator wouldn't put everything he knew in a simple diary.

I was about to search for the guy, but seeing how old this diary was, I thought he might be long dead. There weren't even any dates.

I was about to close the diary when I got curious and opened the last written text.

Day 356

I finally found it. The machine that could change everything. The machine that could save everyone.
I'm currently holding it.
I'm afraid.
I'm really afraid.
V once told me it was an incomplete project, but I think it'll work.
I've known him for like a year and he taught me a thing or two.
Now I need to show what I know.
I need to open a worm hole.