Chapter 22

*Taehyung POV*

I knew he was here. There's no way Jungkook could posses that necklace without Jimin giving it to him. I never saw him die- the police told me he had died on that day, but I never saw a body. It must've been him.

I went back to my office, reaching for both diaries and flipping through the pages, hoping to reach the last few. I'd already read the pages of the diary that Kookie brought in, but I never gathered up the strength to read the original one.

I hesitated flipping to the last page, my fingers brushing gently over the page, my eyes watered as I skimmed through the sentences.

Day unknown

I'd already lost count of the days. Being with the both of them made my life better, happier.
Kookie was soft, quiet and loving, reminding me of a small rabbit whose laughs always made my heart skip a beat. All I wanted was to spend more times with him, laugh some more with him, grow old with him, but...
I wanted Taehyung with me too.
He was the light within the darkness that could've consumed me, I never thought it was possible to love two people at once but here I am.
Of course, I could never admit that to anyone.
If they knew, I'm afraid they'll hate me for it.
But... One of them cannot hate me anymore, nor love me again.
Jungkook... He died in my arms, the fatal disease taking him away from us.
I was also sick, but it surprisingly didn't affect me as much, Taehyung is even hardly affected in any way. He got lucky this time.. But at what cost? Jungkook is dead
Our poor Kookie is dead.
As for me, I'll disappear..
I'll run off and try to find peace somewhere is this world.
I hope Taehyung can find this diary someday. I hope he can find comfort in my words, to remind him of the old days.
Taehyung, I'll miss you,
But don't follow me.
Im already a walking dead man, I don't want to make you grieve anymore. Just know that I'm alive somewhere in this vast universe, hoping to find a life where I'm accepted in the way I live it.

Goodbye.

My tears immediately soaked into the old pages. I clutched the edges so hard that I almost ripped the pages out. My heart couldn't hold it.

He's alive.

He's alive.

He's alive!