Chapter 23

*Jimin POV*

For no particular reason, my legs took me towards the university gates, making me eager to have a look inside one more time.

I had no connections there whatsoever. The few friends I had decided to take their magistrate in foreign countries, and I wasn't even that close with my professors.

Well, if there was one thing I wanted to do, it's to find that guy. I don't know a name or a speciality, but at least I know his face. My heart raced when I thought of him. Stupid, I know..

"Jimin?" A voice called out behind me. I didn't recognise it at first, but then it kind of clicked inside my head- like I'd heard it somewhere. "Jimin, is that you?"

I turned around only to see an unfamiliar face. His face was quite handsome, his bright brown hair brushing gently over his dark, well formed, eyebrows. He was taller than me, but he didn't look any older, and he definitely dressed well. Something sparked in his eyes the moment he saw my face, as if seeing an old friend. Unfortunately, I didn't recognize him.

"How do you know my name?" I asked. For a second a dark shadow overtook his features, but it was gone as fast as it came.

"Don't you recognise me?" He said, his voice cracking at the end.

"I don't believe I've met you before." I replied and raised my eyebrows. "Were we childhood friends?" I asked, knowing my memories from my childhood were on the hazy side.

"Yeah, you could say that." He said without skipping a beat. "I think you'll remember me over time. I hope.." He waved his hand, "Goodbye for now!" He turned around and started walking away.

"Stop!" I shouted, my face blushing when I realised I was too loud as my voice ecoed through the building. The man turned around, one of his eyebrows arched up. "What's your name? I might remember you." I said, this time quieter.

The guy took a long pause before raising two fingers to his face and cornering one of his eyes with them, then answering, "You can call me V. You liked calling me V."