CHAPTER 23

CHAPTER 23

Skyler walked through the large hallways of the high school with Sandra leading the way. Green lockers sat on both sides of the halls making them seem bigger that they really were. Skyler looked all around her to get a good look at the place as she also noticed a few people staring at her. She felt uncomfortable and sheepish.

“Sky, you okay.” said Sandra as she stopped walking and turned to face her with Sam standing close by her.

“I don't know, it just feels like there's a lot of people staring.”

Sandra then looked up at everyone around the hallway and whispered,

“They are. This is so weird.”

“It's not weird its just really uncomfortable.” she said as she pulled her bag closer to her and felt she had to hide her face.

Her mother was so wrong. She wasn't going to fit in, well not with everyone staring intensely at her like she had something on her face. Skyler then looked down at the ground trying hard not to notice the stares, but each time she passed by someone she felt the stares become sharp like blades. She watched her feet move one in front of the other while also watching other's feet so she knew she was around people. She tried hard not to step or bump into someone, but she couldn't help, but always wonder who was in front of her and if they were also staring. She then wanted nothing more than to go home and place her face into her pillow.

Sandra then stopped walking where then Skyler bumped into and said,

“Ow! Why did you stop?”

“Why?” she said as she tilled her head to the side,

“Our class is here.”

Skyler then looked from the ground then to her class room. She took in a deep breath and nodded as Sandra then said goodbye to Sam and she took Skyler by the hand ans pulled her into the classroom.

The classroom was large and had many desks everywhere. It looked like a small community college class. Skyler sighed as when she walked in with Sandra all eyes where then turned to her. Class was going to feel long and annoying to her. Sandra then turned her head to Skyler ans whispered,

“When I got here people didn't stare that hard. Did you do something to make them mad or something?”

“You crazy I never seen these kids before in my life! Besides this is my first day here, or have you forgotten that.”

Sandra bit the bottom of her lip as she turned back to face the students and just pulled Skyler with her to her seat. The last bell rung and a fit handsome man walked into the classroom with a brief case and sat it on top of his desk that was sitting at the far right corner of the classroom. He sighed and said,

“Good morning class. My name is Mr. Douglas, and the reason for the introduction is because it appears we have another new student in class today.”