Chapt 48

(Hoseok)

"So you're telling me that y'all didn't kiss on your date?" Suran's voice was getting shriller towards the end.

"Yeah." Hoseok's voice was exasperated yet calm.

"B-but why?"

Hoseok ran his dark gaze over Suran fake pout and the over dramatic hand over her chest.

"Its not like we haven't done it before."

"What."

Hoseok clenched his jaw.

Fuck, that was not supposed to slip out.

"You. Kissed. Him."

Hoseok nodded.

"And you didn't tell me?" her voice was annoyingly shrill towards the end.

Hoseok huffed and his face in hands.

"Stop being annoying please." Hoseok ground out. As much as he loved seeing more of the old Suran, he had forgotten there were even annoying parts of her that he disliked. Extremely annoying overdramatic parts.

Suran laughed and got up from her criss cross apple sauce position beside Hoseok. She slowly walked over to the unfinished red and black swirls that decorated one of the walls.

"Why is it that I never feel what I paint, Oppa?" Her voice was solemn, all trace of humor gone.

Hoseok stayed silent. How was he supposed to know?

Suran laughed bitterly as she understood Hoseok's silence.

Jhope.

The name resounded in him like a gong of a bell. The echo of it seemed to last forever. It was not something that time could stop.

He was given that name to show hope for other people wasn't it? He suddenly decided that he would live up at that name. Maybe some good come out of it.

"You will." Hoseok breathed out. "You will feel the colors you see, Suran. Just like I've begun to feel all the smiles I give, you will too."

Suran slowly turned to Hoseok, cocking her head like a cat before nodding at Hoseok.

"Don't you have scho-" Hoseok started like the nagging older brother he was but was cut off by Surans tortured groan.

"Ugh, don't remind me." Suran started dragging her feet toward her school to get ready for school.

Hoseok looked on with an amused smile as she froze midway and slowly turned around and looked sheepishly at Hoseok.

"Would it be fine if bought a guy home today?" Her smile was over sweet and Hoseok narrowed his eyes.

"For what." Hoseok didn't like putting dating rules down since both the twins hated an overprotective and scary Hoseok whenever they brought a guy home. Not that Suran actually brought a home before this.

"We were assigned to a dance show together as part of our project." Suran put out a hand to stop Hoseok before he could ask why she had signed up for the dance class when she didn't want to show other people that she could dance.

"It was whim of the moment, ok?" Suran said folding her hands and looking the other way making Hoseok chuckle at her sulkiness.

Suran's school was a special one. It focused on the talents and skills of a student rather than academics. An arts school of sorts, yet that didn't mean they didn't have normal subjects like normal schools.