Chapter 22- Falling For The Gangleaders Son

"Okay look, my parents and your parents knew each other, your parents sadly passed away when you were only 2 years old." Adrian said pausing and looking at me. "Our parents were part of a large organization, they were good people at one point. Until one day when your parents were meant to go on a mission they were killed by the opposing organization, your parents were leaders of the organization with my father being the right hand. After your parents deaths everything went downhill the organization turned into drug deals and killings and you were put into the adoption system without a second thought."

"I don't believe you." i said staring at him blankly. "There is no way that your father knew my parents."

"Well believe it or not you are the reason your friends and family are in danger, someone in the opposing gang found out they had a daughter, you were next in line to lead in the gang and now they want you. You are very powerful without even knowing it. Your parents had a will already written for you." he said looking at me. "And that gang will go through anything to get you."

"Please tell me that's not the gang that has Virginia." i said shocked, thinking back on the events and how "Grayson" did everything to get me to trust him.

"I believe i can't lie." he said with a stupid smirk on his face. The conversation died and we continued the car ride until we entered Los Angeles and he drove to some sort of warehouse, Blake pulled up shortly after us and the warehouse doors opened letting us in..
Everything seemed so overwhelming the people in there looked like normal people in business suits the only difference is that I knew that all of them would end up being powerful and should not be messed with, I slowly got out of the car as Adrian did the same. "Well look who finally arrived." A tall handsome man greeted us as Blake and Ashley joined us.. I could only assume this was their father by the deadly look in his eyes and the way he stood tall in front of us, this could only mean he was the leader.

 I could only assume this was their father by the deadly look in his eyes and the way he stood tall in front of us, this could only mean he was the leader

"Hello father." Ashley said walking to him and giving him a quick hug, I could still tell she was upset about her boyfriends death. He whispered something in her ear and she came back to stand next to us.
"Where is Derek and the other girl?" He asked looking over us analyzing who was here and who wasn't.
"Some things went wrong along the way, Derek was killed and the girl was taken by Graysons gang." Adrian said, obviously lying about Derek's death.. everyone in the room went silent for what felt like minutes maybe hours but I knew it had only been a couple of seconds..
"We'll worry about Derek's death later." The man said glancing at Ashley slightly before proceeding. "We will find the girls location now, everyone get to work!!" "And take her to one of the rooms for now."
Everyone started moving all over the place and Adrian left my said following after his father as well as Blake. Ashley came to me and led me to my room.
"Look I know you don't trust that we're good people, but hopefully after knowing who you really are you'll understand why we went through so much extreme measures to get to you and your friend." She said walking towards the door.
"Why do you forgive him?" I asked out of nowhere.
"What do you mean?." She asked looking back at me confused.
"Adrian why do you act as if he did nothing, how do you look at him and still consider him a brother instead of a monster." I said looking at her, I could tell she was thinking deeply about this.
"You know, you're right he may be a monster and he may hurt people. But he's still my blood, he's still always there for me and he would go through hell just to protect those he loves.. And yes it will take time to forgive him for his actions, but he still is my brother." She answered with tears in her eyes.
"Why is he like this?" I asked. Thinking on reasons that he would act some way without regret..
"That's not my story to tell, all I can say is someone hurt him. And he has trust issues." She said before walking out of the room and shutting the door behind her.
This is such a mess all I want to do is go to sleep and for everything to go back to normal, or as normal as it was before all of my life started going down hill. I can't help but wonder where they must be keeping Virginia and what she must be going through. I was dosing off into a deep sleep when I heard yelling outside the room I was in.