Chapter 11

We were talking about why they couldn't decide who was better for me. And the different things they did to try to get me to like each of them. There was a knock at the door and the food was here. James got up and thanked them before coming in with a tray with a container of Borscht and a tub of ice cream. He set it down at my desk and I got up to sit at my desk. I sat in my chair pour myself a bowl of soup and turned to them. They sat and continued to joke as I stared into my bowl of what my brain insisted on perceiving as blood. My head started to spin but I was pulled from my loop of venomous thought when I heard Steve say something to me. I knew I heard it but I didn't know what he said. "What?" I spoke as I looked up. Steve looked at me inquisitively. "Are you okay?" James broke the silence. "What do you mean?" I questioned. I was smiling and laughing with them just a second ago. What would they be referring to? "(y/n) You're crying." Steve spoke up. I wiped my eyes and realized that I was crying. I wasn't upset or anything but I still had tears running down my face.

I set my bowl back on the tray and chuckled. "What is wrong with me?" Steve and James walked over to me and pulled me into a group hug. I smiled and wiped my face. The tears were gone as quickly as they started. I laughed and started the conversation as The Queen walked in. "I see everything worked out?" She laughed. James and Steve nodded. I was confused. What worked out? I looked at them questioningly. "The whole competing for you situation." "Oh...Wait she knew?" I turned the comment from Steve to The Queen. "Yes, I knew. I did tell them it was no way to treat a lady but sometimes we don't always have to be a lady." Winifred Smiled and gestured to the boys. "Oh that reminds me. Come here." She waved me over. We walked into the hall shutting the door behind us making sure we'd know if either of the guys followed. "You realize you don't have to choose between them." Winifred stopped me. "What do you mean?" My eyes widened slightly. "I'm just saying that if you don't mind they both want to be in a relationship with you. So you could in essence...Stay with both of them. Trust me sharing isn't a new concept to them." Winifred words were heard but I couldn't fully process what she just told me.

We walked back to the room and as I stepped back in Winifred shut the door behind me saying goodbye. I went back to the bowl of soup I abandoned and listened to the boys chat about some nonsense. I blocked out their conversation until I heard one of them mention a polyamorous relationship. I inhaled my soup and started to cough. It was quiet enough to go unnoticed by the others. I had to start paying attention. "So I mean, if someone were to do that then they wouldn't have a problem with attention or care." "I see what you're saying but I just can't agree. There has gotta be some sort of jealousy. Someone wants what someone else is getting." "No, because if you just took what you wanted and I waited patiently then I am not getting what you're getting and in all honesty, I want that!" Steve and James continued to argue. I had to assume they heard what the queen said to me. I look down at my bowl turning as red as its contents. Jee this was gonna be a difficult one to get out of.