Chapter 20

He put the pen back into the bottom and handed it back to me, "That's your phone. It's easier to call for help if I can actually call you." I put the phone into my pocket and followed the sound of a loud thud. I stepped into the living room to find Natasha throwing Clint onto the couch. Clint laughed and pulled Nat down with him and they continued watching whatever the weird TV show was on. I watched from behind the couch before hearing Tony run after someone yelling, "You can't go see him! He's too dangerous!" I turned around to see Peter run down the staircase and Tony follow him as fast as he could. I looked over to Natasha, "What was that all about?" She looked up at me, "Oh Peter apparently got a friend that he's interested in but Tony's not too happy about it." The answer was amusing but who could be too dangerous for a person with powers. Unless Peter doesn't have powers. "Does Peter have powers?" I had to ask. "Yeah, strength, and he can jump pretty high. I just made it sound really boring but it's pretty cool if you see it in person." Nat answered. "Then what's Tony mean by 'he's too dangerous'?!" Nat shrugged her shoulders and went back to her show. My curiosity got the better of me and I ran off after them. I ran down the stairs just in time to see Tony trip ever so gracefully.

"PETER!!" Tony yelled as Peter made it out the door and run off to the right. I laughed at Tony before helping him up. "Okay, you've got to tell me; who's too dangerous for a kid with superpowers?" He huffed at my question. "A super...person... who technically isn't in this dimension, but let's face it the author couldn't care less about that right now. After all, he's pretty stressed out." Tony spoke whilst looking down at his feet which were stuck in what looked like a pile of spider webbing. "Wait... hold on. Author?" I asked. Tony shook his head, "Nevermind, can you just go look after Peter, secretively." I nodded before charging out of the building and right back in, "Wait do you need help with that?" I pointed at his feet and the webbing. "It'll go away in like two hours, just go watch over the kid," I ran off in the same direction as I saw Peter and managed to quickly catch up to him. He was walking through an alleyway with some guy who seemed like he was closer to being 23. I climbed up the back of the building and upon making it to the roof I looked around for the two. I noticed them at a hotdog stand and slid down a pipe in the alley. I stepped out of the alley and tied up my hair to try to blend into the crowd more. I knew they were talking but I had no idea what about. this was pointless. I decided to do it my way. I walked over and rested my elbow on Peter's head, "So, Pete, who's this?"

Peter turned quickly trying to think of something but the other was too quick, "I'm not a fictional character, and you are?" His comment was good enough to make me smile. "I'm (y/n), I was a bit curious about who could be 'too dangerous' for Peter and I guess that's you." He did a fake gasp, "Me?! Dangerous?! No! I don't think the author would ever portray me in such a light." I furrowed my brows, "What do you mean by the author? First Tony, now some stranger?" I huffed. "First, my name is Wade," Wade sounded smug, "And to you author, you couldn't have waited 'til I showed up to let the fourth wall be broken? You let Tony break it first? I feel betrayed. I'm not talking to you until you apologize" I still had no idea who he was talking to and it still made no sense. "Never mind. So wade, What are your intentions with this boy?" I asked in a bit of a wacky tone. "We plan on going to see a movie. Do you wa-" Wade was cut off by Peter covering his mouth. "Hold on a second, did Mr. Stark send you?" Peter's tone was suspicious. "Well, I couldn't have been sent. I'm not exactly a letter." I smiled at my own joke. "Maybe not a letter but I'd say you're the whole package." A voice came from behind. I turned and saw Steve walking toward the three of us. 

A/N- Okay I'm sorry about all of the time between chapters. Stuff keeps getting thrown at me and I'm working on it as much as possible. However, I might be starting a few more books since I had a few more fandoms I've been interested in writing for. (Harry Potter, Detroit: Become human, etc.)