duvet days

"Call it what you want" - Taylor Swift

Alyssa's POV

I was lying on my back in my bed, staring up at the ceiling. I heard George's steady breath right next to me and I felt his fingers drawing small circles on the skin of my shoulder that wasn't covered by my top.

We were just chilling and listening to music in my room, not doing very much.

I still wasn't allowed to enter the music studio and hence there wasn't much to do for George and me.

I was still pondering about what to do with the recording that George had made of Rich admitting what he and his friends had done.

"Al, I don't want to piss you off or make us fight again but we have to talk about it eventually." George spoke up. He must have probably been thinking about the same thing as me.

"I know." I sighed.

"You know my opinion." George told me and sat up, leaning onto his elbow. Blonde strands of hair fell into his eyes that he tried to blow away.

"Yes, I do. And I know that you're right. My brain tells me that the only sensible thing to do is to go to the police and show them the recording but then there is always that wee part in me that wants to forgive him. That's talking down what Rich did. Saying that it wasn't that terrible. Saying that everybody makes mistakes. If that makes sense?"

"I don't know. I've never been in your shoes..." George said and put his hand on my cheek. His skin is warm and I closed my eyes, enjoying his touch. We were still not back together and I didn't know what we were. "But maybe you should put your head over your doubts."

I looked into his eyes and I somehow couldn't look away again. I couldn't keep my eyes off him. I didn't say anything and when George just stared back.

Before I knew what I was doing, I darted up and pressed my lips on George's. He startled back and looked at me in confusion. Well that went great. He didn't want me to kiss him.

I sighed and leaned back and closed my eyes. This was so awkward.

"Why did you do that?" George asked and I could facepalm myself. I was so stupid. Why had I done that?

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." I mumbled, my eyes still closed. I was way too embarrassed to look at George right now.

George took my hand.

"Alyssa, it's not that I mind you kissing me. It's just that you cannot tell me that you want us to be just friends the other day and then kiss me the next day. That's not how it works. You can't play me like that." George told me. I knew that.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what got into me. I just can't stay away from you but when we were together, it also didn't feel right. I told you I'm messed up."

I covered my face with my hands and turned around on the bed but George covered my hands with his and took them off my face. I still had my eyes closed though.

"Look at me, Alyssa." He said and when I didn't do it right away, he said it again. "Look at me."

And I slowly did even though I felt so uncomfortable. But George didn't look at me judgementally. His gaze was soft which made me relax a bit.

"You're not a mess, do you understand? If you want me, we can work this out. We can go slow. I'm not going to pressure you into anything. Just because we label it as being together doesn't mean we have to be like a normal couple. We can continue doing what we do just with a bit affection in addition. But I need to know if you want me or not because I need you."

"Fuck, George, of course I want to. I wanted you since the day I met you in the ladies' room at school." That's all that took George to bow down and put his lips onto mine.

Usually, George's kisses were soft, careful, affectionate. Today, they were passionate, urging, demanding, craving. Before I knew what was happening, George was on top of me, pinning me down onto the mattress. So much about taking it slow.

I sighed and leaned my head back as George was leaving a trail of kisses on my neck. I felt how tears started welling up in my eyes and I tried to blink them away but I failed miserably. They just escaped my eyes and ran down my cheek.

George planted another kiss on my mouth before he noticed the tears on my cheeks. He stopped immediately.

"Don't stop." I breathed but George didn't listen.

"Are you okay? Did you get... flashbacks?" George asked. He probably thought of the last time we were making out in a bed like that. I immediately shook my head.

"No, no, no, no, no." I tried to calm him down. "I'm good. I'm amazing."

George didn't believe me because I actually started crying more which made me laugh at the same time.

"Why are you crying then?"

"Because I am so happy." I told him. "And because I love you so much. I can't believe how lucky I am."

George looked obviously relieved and didn't hesitate to continue kissing me while whispering I love you's between the kisses.

I know many people said that you can't know what love is when you're that young but I think they're simply frustrated that they haven't found true love themselves.

I stopped short and pulled my head away.

"What." George asked.

"George! I have an idea what we can do about Rich!" I said.

Author's Note

Very short chapter, I know. But I just forgot about updating and thought it was time to update today so that's why it's not very long.

Hope you like it anyway.

To be honest, I don't know yet what they are going to do about the Rich thing, I hope I am able to come up with something 😂😂

Xx
A