new year's eve

"I want your midnights
But I'll be cleaning up bottles with you on New Year's Day" - Taylor Swift

Alyssa's POV

"I can't believe it's New Year's Eve already." George said while carrying four bottles of champagne in his hands to the kitchen counter. He was struggling, but he was doing a great job.

"I can't believe it's gonna be 2018 tomorrow." Reece said who was just sitting on the sofa, eating a bowl of crisps.

"I can't believe 2017 went by so fast." Blake said. He was lying on the floor, playing with the new guitar hat he had gotten for Christmas.

I leaned against the kitchen counter and brushed with my hands through my hair.

"I can't believe I'm hosting a party." I said. I hadn't hosted a party in ages just because I didn't like parties anymore, but Reece and Blake had managed to convince me.

I got another bowl from the cupboard and filled it with crisps.

"Who's coming?" George asked and helped me fill another bowl with crisps. I was glad he was helping preparing the party because Blake and Reece didn't. They just ate and did nothing but that was okay. I didn't expect any other behaviour from them.

"Everybody." I said but then I shook my head. "No, actually I don't know. My brother Benson is coming - I mean he lives here - and I told Ruth to bring some people along, which means she probably invited the entire school."

"Some girls as well?" Blake stopped playing with his hat and sat up.

I rolled my eyes and kept on placing plastic cups on the kitchen counter. "Blake, yes, when I say 'people' this includes boys and girls." I said, playfully annoyed.

"Grand." Blake grinned and Reece laughed.

"He's so desperate." Reece joked, but I found it was true. Blake was so desperate.

"Have you done something about the Rich thing yet?" Reece asked. "George mentioned that you had an idea to get rid of him."

"Not yet. We wanted to wait until after holidays because... well because Rich is an asshole and I don't want to waste my holidays on him." I said and placed the bowl a bit too harshly on the counter which made Blake flinch.

"Sorry." I told him.

"That's the right attitude." Reece cheered and got up. He placed his empty bowl in the dishwasher and finally decided to help by carrying easily breakable items such as vases out of the living room and into the basement.

"Are you allowed to use the music studio again?" Blake asked. I wish.

"Only one hour a week." I mumbled. "Which is definitely not enough."

"That's hard... if you want to, you can always come to the studio with us." Blake said and George made a grimace.

"As much as I'd like that, I don't think you can." George told me and gave me a kiss on the forehead. I knew that already, and I understood. George couldn't have his girlfriend around all the time, especially not for business.

"That's okay." I told him and I really meant it. "So anyway... what are you going to wear tonight?"

It had been Reece's idea to make a New Years dress up party. And it had been Blake's idea to have the 80ies as the motto. So I was going to wear a pair of these baggy high-wasted jeans, a red turtleneck shirt, an oversized denim jacket and Doc Martens with huge glasses.

„We stole some old sweaters and jeans from our dads, it's hilarious." Reece said as he entered the living room again.

"I like them. I think they look cool." Blake grinned and went to his backpack to get an old, very ugly sweater.