epilogue

"I got your fingerprints on my skin

Ever since that day you've let me in."

~Rooftop, Nico Santos

Alyssa's POV

I wake up to bird singing outside of my window and the smell of crumbled egg and fresh bacon. Rolling over to the other side of the bed, I feel around for George's warm body before realising that he isn't there. I groan as I open my eyes, bright sunlight shining through the window. I get up, put on my panties and the white shirt George wore yesterday.

As I descend the stairs, following the smell of fried bacon I can hear George singing in the kitchen. I 'm absolutely in love with his voice, so instead of entering the kitchen right away I stop at the door and watch him prepare breakfast for us.

It's the first Monday of Easter holiday and my parents as well as my brother are gonna spend the next two week at the beach in Portugal, but I decided to stay home with George as the boys will be leaving for their Asia tour next month. I'm so happy for them that they got to live their dream, supporting the Vamps on various occasions, but at the same time my heart sinks when I think of George being away for more than a month.

"Good morning, Babe", George smiles at me. His words bring me back to reality and that reality couldn't possibly be any better.

"Good morning", I say before giving him a peck on his lips. But obviously George wants more than just a peck and we end up sharing a deep kiss till an alarm goes off.

"I love you", George whispers against my lips before he pulls away and turns off the stove.

"And I love you", I answer as I sit down at the table, waiting for him to bring the food.

George has been pampering me ever since they decided to join the Vamps on tour, taking me out on several dates and treating me with food and presents.

But now it's my turn to treat him and since we don't have school right now I planned to take him out to an amusement park and visit my aunt up in Scotland as I know how much he likes hiking. In fact I had my first surprise planned for today.

-

"Hey, you coming?", I yell up the stairs. I told George that I had a surprise for him and he should come to my studio in five minutes as I needed to set up some things first, but it's been more than ten minutes by now.

When George doesn't answer I decide look for him. He's standing at the top of the stairs apparently talking to someone on the phone.

"Yes, I'm excited for tonight too ... No, I don't think she suspects anything. Yeah, I've been very discrete.", he laughs. "Okay, I gotta go. Alyssa is waiting for me. See you tonight."

I stand frozen in shock about what I just heard. I remind myself to not make hasty assumptions, but my mind can't stop thinking about what I just heard.

When I look up, George approaches me with a loving smile on his face. My stomach feels sick, but I still manage to plaster a smile on my face.

"Hey, I'm sorry it took so long, but Blake called me.", he says before he kisses me on the cheek. I try to shake off the strange feeling I got listening to his conversation, but I decide that there's nothing to worry about. George loves me, he would never cheat on me and he has never given me any reason to suspect that the person on the phone wasn't Blake.

"Nah, it's okay.", I answer, guiding him downstairs to my studio. Thankfully, my parents let me use it full-time again after I told them about Rich.

"So, I've been working on a few things lately that I've been dying to show you." I sit down on my swivel chair and turn around to George who seated himself on the sofa.