I'm sorry I'm not perfect

Spencer's POV

Idiot idiot idiot. What sort of idiot confesses thier love in a matter of words to a guy who is engaged to someone else. I'm laying in bed just staring into space thinking about what the hell I've done. Me Spencer Hastings just basically told Toby Cavanaugh that I loved him. I didn't lie but I definitely shared more than I wanted to.

I'm a mother to a two year old son and his father now officially hates me.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear the barn door unlock, I get out of bed and wonder out into the open spaced living room.
It's my older sister, Melissa.

"Oh it's you."
"Nice to see you to sis." She scoffs.
"Oh sorry I didn't mean it like that, I thought you were Toby."
"Well sorry to disappoint you. I just came in to let you know I'm okay to babysit anytime you need me."
I look at my tall brunette sister, confused.
"Okay then."
"Mom and dad told me what happened yesterday with Adam so I figured you needed help I'm here for you."
"Thanks, I could really use a shoulder to cry on today." I say flopping backwards onto my sofa.

"Hey Spence what happened yesterday was not your fault."

Melissa joins me on the sofa.

"No that's not it, I may or may not have told Toby I won't get my happily ever after last night. I think I've been hanging out with Caleb to much."

"Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. Toby is so stupid for letting you go."

"Yeah well I was the one who drove a wedge between us."

She sighed heavily.

"I'll tell you what I'm taking you shopping, I'll call Hanna we can give you a make over and then you can go apologise to Toby, you'll look so stunning he won't be able to resist."

"That's really sweet but-" Melissa doesn't allow me to finish my sentence.

"No buts it's happening."

She stands up and heads for the door.

"I'll ask mom to babysit, you will get your happy ending I promise if anyone deserves it it's you."

I smile to myself, me and Melissa have had our differences but we've grown closer over the years. When I found out I was pregnant, she was the first person I told other than Toby.

*flashback*

I paced up and down my dorm room with the white stick in my hand. I'm pregnant, I'm in college and I'm pregnant. Oh shit.

"What am I going to do? my life is officially over."

"Spence you're not in this alone, okay I'm here and this is just as much my problem as it is yours."

Toby was still sat on my desk chair, telling me sweet words about how this could be good for us but in actual fact he was only telling me five short minutes ago that he thinks we aren't looking at the same picture anymore.

I'm guessing the fact there is a little plus sign on a pregnancy test had suddenly snapped us back to our original picture.

"Toby I can't do this I'm in college, okay I'm a Sophomore I haven't even made up my mind about grad school."

Toby stands up, walks over to me and holds me hands.

"I promise you are not in this alone, this baby is going to be loved like no child has ever been loved and you know why?"

"No"

"Because it has Spencer Hastings as a mother and Spencer Hastings is not a quitter, she doesn't give up."

He lifts my chin, wipes away my tears, and kisses me.

"I'm sorry I'm not perfect."

"Spence you are perfect, your perfect to me."

*a few minutes later*

Me and Toby cuddled up on my slab of a bed, in my gloomy dorm room.

"I'm scared, Toby"
"I know Spencer, I promise everything's going to be okay."
"Well yes about the fact I'm going to have a baby but also because I have to tell my parents"
"Oh I forgot about them."

I look up to his handsome face and stick my finger in the dimple of his chin.

"They won't hurt you, I won't let them."
"Maybe you should tell Melissa first."
"Seriously?"
"Yes, she'll support you so you've had your differences but she loves you."
"You're right I'll call her now."

Toby passes me my phone off of my side table and I sit up while dialing my sisters number.

"Hey Spence, haven't heard from you in a week. How's college life?"
"Well um it's complicated."
"Why? Are you okay?"
"When I tell you this please don't freak out or tattle tale to mom and dad."
"Spence we're not kids anymore."
"Oh yeah way to rub it in."

Toby nudged my side, implying I was being childish.

"What's wrong with you? Is someone picking on you cause I swear to God it only takes me 3 hours to get to you."

"No Melissa it's not that."

I take in a deep breath and blurt it out.

"I'm pregnant."

Silence.

"Are you still there Melissa?"

"Yeah I'm still here just a little shell shocked."

"I'm scared, I don't know how to tell mom and dad."

"I'll be there for you, okay you call me in the middle of the night if you have to."

*end of flashback*

I knew she had my back.