The Wedding planner

Caleb's POV

After Toby and Spencer's out burst yesterday Spencer has been in full blown revenge mode. Hanna had insisted that we both stayed because the last thing we wanted was Spencer getting herself in serious trouble. Melissa had held on to Adam for the night, making sure that he was unaware of his parents barney yesterday afternoon.

"Spence please just put the laptop down." Hanna sat opposite her trying the pry her away from the screen. I was behind Hanna avoiding physical contact after Toby and Spencer had accidentally dobbed me in about the 'stop the wedding plans'

"No, I need to stop this wedding, Yvonne is a stupid bitch who is turning Toby into a monster."

Spencer grabbed her phone and started punching numbers into her keypad.

"Now what are you doing?"
"Calling their wedding planner."

Spencer's POV

I sat waiting for an answer, both Hanna and Caleb watching my every move.

"Hello?"
"Hello this is Spencer Hastings I'm one  of Toby's friends, he asked me to call and confirm their wedding date."
"Spencer Hastings? It's Holden. Holden Strauss."
"Hey Holden, long time no talk how are you?"
"I'm good, how are you?"
"Well I have a son and I work in government but I'm in Rosewood helping my mom with her state senator campaign."
"Wow, that's sounds exciting."

His voice is excited and it's obvious he's had a boring day because he was interested in a small phone conversation.

"Yeah well stressful, um anyway could I confirm the date."
"Yeah sure, just a question you and Toby used to go out right?"

I put my head in my hands, thinking back to a time where things were perfect.

"Yeah we did, he's Adams dad."

I could hear Holden's fingers tapping on his computer keyboard through the phone. Hanna and Caleb were now both sitting on the couch opposite me, giving me questionable looks.

"Well I guess you two still get along, must be touching for him, you helping him plan his wedding."
"Yeah we're still good friends."

Hanna kicked me under the table as a way of telling me off for lying.

"Ouch!!!"
"Spence are you okay?"

Holden stopped typing for second awaiting my answer.

"Yeah I just stubbed my toe."
"Oh okay, well it looks like the date is 23rd October 2017. Is that the right date?"

I froze, a tear escaped my eye and fell onto my right hand.

"Spencer? You still there?"
"Uh yeah that's the right date, talk to you later bye Holden."
"Bye Hastings."

I hung up the phone and placed it on the table.

"Spence what's wrong?" Hanna looked at me worried.

"He's getting married in three weeks."

"I'm so sorry Spencer." Caleb watched Hanna get up and hug me.

About half an hour later Hanna and Caleb left because I told them I wanted to be alone.

I've never been one to stop people from making decisions because I believe people should be their own person but for some reason Toby makes me desperate.
I've never regretted anything, until letting Toby go because I didn't want to let myself feel bad but of course I let my guard down for Toby.
I've never imagined my life without Toby or Toby being with someone else but me until now because I'm forced to watch him be in love with someone else.

I guess I'm not the person I thought I was. When Toby left yesterday I was in full blown revenge mode and I just couldn't stop myself, thinking I could make myself feel better when all I did was make it worse.

Hanna and I have been talking and she's having her wedding in two weeks, she asked me to tell Caleb but I haven't had the guts.

Siting here thinking about what's happened and what's going to happen just makes me realise everything I'm doing is wrong.

I need to move on, I need get away from Rosewood not just for me but for Adam.

My decision is final after Hanna's wedding me and Adam are heading back to Washington.

To group chat: Toby, Caleb, Ezra, Hanna, Aria, Emily, Alison and Mona.

Spencer: I've made a decision that after Hanna's wedding I'm going back to DC and I'm taking Adam with me I'm sorry.

Almost immediately they all started texting me back.

Hanna: Spence please don't go we will miss you. Xx

Ezra: sad to see you go Spence we all love meeting up with you and Adam.

Aria: What? No please I need team Sparia xx

Alison: here for you if you need me.

Emily: is something wrong because don't forget S.O.S

Mona: You only just got back and we haven't had time to hang out, promise me we will meet up before you leave. We can go shopping. Xx

Toby: Spence why haven't you told me this?

Spencer: because I just made the decision, coming back to Rosewood was a mistake.

Toby: Is this about yesterday? I'm really sorry. I want you to come to my wedding.

Spencer: I'm sorry I just can't.

Spencer has left the chat.

I decide to just leave the chat and forget about the text messages. I head over into the main house to go and get Adam and to tell my parents and Melissa that I'm leaving in two weeks.

When I walk into the living room Adam is watching Barney the purple dinosaur with Melissa while my parents were dishing up dinner.

"Hello sweetie are you joining us for diner?" My mother is the first to speak once I entered the room from the door by the staircase.
"Yeah sure but I need to tell you  something first."
"What wrong?"
"After Hanna's wedding I'm going to go back to D.C."

"Are you sure that's what you want? Adam has really settled in here."
"Dad, I just can't stay here any longer."
"And why's that?"
"No you'll think it's silly and you'll tell me that Adam should be here."

Melissa looks over to me.

"Just tell us we're family Spencer."
"Fine, Toby is getting married in three weeks and I can't watch him marry someone who is not me."

They all give apologetic looks.

"Adam can go but I'm not."
"It's okay we understand." My dad is being a normal human being for once.