Ch-1 The Boredom Shouldn't Set In

I was at Divya's. I didn't usually do this i.e. visit people's house, but there are some things called pre-sessional group projects that ruin the time you could utilize scrolling through social media and 'lmao-ing' at lame memes. We were currently in her study and I was surfing the internet for data on 'Types of Tissues'. Divya was staring at her phone with some kind of seriousness, she usually didn't carry that face, she was always that cheerful girl everyone loved.

She might have sensed me watching her for sometime, she asked me if I had collected all the data we needed for the project, her eyes still staring at the phone screen. I nodded while brushing my dark hair behind  my ear. I would've asked her what was that frown on her forehead for, but I needed to complete the assignment as soon as possible and leave. I had a lot to do today, like sleeping, before the disaster called 'school pressure' started.

We quickly started filling the pages with words from Wikipedia, Divya said she would make the cover page. After completing the project I gathered my stuff clumsily and left.

I was walking on the road, it was almost 6:30pm, the sky was filled with a million shades of red mixed with yellow. It was something that comforted me. I breathed in deeply, I loved the quiet streets covered with trees from both sides. A phone ring disturbed my pleasure sightseeing, it was from Cheryl, this girl can't leave me alone, can she? I picked up the phone nonchalantly.

"Hey Trish! You know what?" She squealed.

"I'm in the least interested but you can rant."

I don't know why people even talk to me, I'm such a let down from a social point of view. Maybe that's just because I have the best grades, not to brag but I actually do, it kind of sucks though. Becoming a popular student in your class is hectic. Teachers suck the blood out of you. (Did I tell you that you can become the most popular person in your class just by scoring good, well at least in my case.)

"Jia said that she's going to visit tomorrow," Cheryl interrupted my mind-rant.

Oh Jia! That girl who actually was and should be popular. She had those perfect black hair, pretty brown eyes and that evil smile you needed to be Ms.Popular at school. Fortunately, she left the school this year I didn't want to see her anymore after what she did to me. She stole a slice of my pizza. That bitch!

"Oh! Good for you, she would love to share her beauty tips with you. You'll be Ms.Beauty soon," I mocked, feeling no shame.

"Haha so funny. Why are you always like this huh?!," She replied bitterly and sarcastically. She made me regret what I just said. I knew that if I opened my mouth again, something absolutely offending would come out of it. But I still did and everything  happened as I thought it would.

"Can we talk later? Bye," I blurted out.

She replied with silence and the line went dead, I slipped the phone in my pocket and watched the mud on my shoes as I walked. I felt nothing. I bit my lower lip and looked that the sky which was getting darker, I needed to pace up.

I reached my home after a few turns, thinking about how silly I felt about myself.

After taking an evening bath I looked at my phone screen just to realize that it's dead. I put it on charge, took out my notepad and started scribbling words into it. I wrote about how I could learn to talk to people. How I could feel good about myself. I was sick of being that girl who only lived for sleeping. Tomorrow was going to be my first day at highschool. I took a deep breath and slept beside my diary.

I woke up at around 8:40am, it was already late. The dumbass mind of mine forgot to set the alarm. I quickly got ready in my school uniform which had grown shorter. I lifted my blue bag, skipped the breakfast and asked my mom to drop me as I had missed the bus. She agreed but for the whole 4 km drive to school, I listened to her telling me about how careless I am. I know I'm.

I stepped out of the car in a hurry, bid my mum bye and flew off.

I was walking really fast when I saw him, he was busy talking to his friends, I took a deep breath, he was still that perfect...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!! I hope you're liking it :)

*Comments and votes make me happy!*

Instagram : @bhumikanavinmusic @tswiftiebash

Youtube : BhumikaNavin Music