Ch-15 Doesn't Matter

Jai's POV

"Jai!" I heard Kanak say while I was walking my way back home from school. She was behind me. I looked back as she paced up and started walking beside me, she held my hand and looked in my eyes. That smile made me so happy and I hadn't seen her this happy for a week. I didn't want to end up in the puddle once again, though.

"Hey!" I said looking at her, "How was the movie?"

"Boring, the same old love story," she said.

"Haha! I got rid of it" I said laughing and looking at my dark shoes.

"Well yeah, you did!"

"I stood you up yesterday, why aren't you frustrated and angry?"

"I was. I was really frustrated, but then Trish made me realise how important it is to talk about things, rather than assuming them."

I smiled at this as I continued to stare at my shoes.

"How important it is to talk about things," Kanak repeated.

"Yeah, about that, I needed to meet Danny! You know, I adore him a lot!"

"Yeah," she said smiling at me.

"Take care," I said as I kissed her forehead when I almost reached my home.

"You too," she said and left my hand.

I watched her as she walked away, my smiling face turned expressionless as I realised I still hadn't told her that I knew her lies, maybe she had changed.

Trisha's POV

"Someone's acting silly." Divya said punching me on my shoulder while I was singing Jonas' Find You at the top of my lungs. We were at the mall.

We included me, Divya and Cheryl. Yeah! I'm hanging out with them again, even though I hate it but Divya has become quite bearable now. Plus, it would get my mind off some things.  Actually Cheryl needed to buy a dress for her cousin's wedding reception.

We went from store to store finding nothing for Cheryl to wear on the special day. Nothing fantastic caught her eyes. I don't know what fantastic meant in her dictionary because I spotted some pretty decent dresses.

"This shade is too common! Don't you guys have anything fantastic?" Said Cheryl annoyingly.

I swear to God if she says that word again...

"This is the latest design and it's so in trend." The female shop assistant said pointing at a silvery-gray, knee-length frock with black lace insertion around the waist. It was quite unique and simple.

Cheryl nodded and then looked at me and Divya for approval. Divya nodded for a yes and I raised my eyebrows giving her that wierd approval look. My eyebrows are very expressive. 

We checked out of the store after Cheryl finally bought the dress.

"I'm hungry!" I groaned.

"Me too," Divya joined in.

The three of us shared a sympathetic smile before heading to McDonald's.

We sat down at a table at McDonald's. Cheryl, as usual, couldn't get enough of her selfies. I went to place an order of burgers, some french fries and coke. We ate till our pockets went empty beacuse there wasn't enough money.

We took a cab back home. I rested myself on the couch and started binge watching ANTM. I didn't get up until mom asked me to have my dinner. I somehow felt lighter today. I guess that after 8 months of crushing on Jai, I was finally over him. Good for me and Kanak.

But what I didn't realise was that I still got hurt seeing them laughing with each other at school whereas, I didn't have anyone to talk to. I was lonely as usual, but it hurt this time. And only this time. I can't keep on causing pain to myself.

"Trisha!" Said Kanak in a loud and cheerful voice. This voice came from behind me while I was walking my way to the bus stop back from school.

I turned back with a poker face, I didn't have any other emotion to convey. She was with Jai, I smiled at his sight but my heart burnt deep within. He was looking at me. How can I make him hate me? God!

"Tomorrow is my birthday! You've got to come to my party!" she said as she walked towards me. Jai was holding her hand so he followed after her.

"Oh great!" I said forcing a smile.

"So you coming?" asked Kanak.

"Umm.. yeah!" I said still not sure.

"Great!" she said with her sparkling eyes, Jai looked her with his sparkling eyes too. I looked at them with my sparkling eyes but I guess my tears made them sparkle.

"Gotta go!" was all I could say before I turned away trying to hide my tears.

I might have heard what they said next but my steps were quite fast. I never had such chaos in my life unless Kanak showed up.

'Doesn't matter,' I said to myself as I trotted towards the bus stop, my eyes just wanted to flood out.

Another dramatic ending

You've been so wonderful to me and I really hope you enjoy this book even after all the mess that it is.

Love,
B.