Ch-3 So Close

"Oh God! What happened?"

The first time that he talked to me, I was in this condition. Ugh! Life for once stop joking with me.

I think he knows me, I wish he doesn't.

The fact that he was concerned about me made me go crazy but, obviously, I didn't show it on my face.

I finally gained the courage to look at him, I looked up and my eyes met his without warning, I tried to control myself from melting into a puddle and doing some stupid shit. This was the closest I had ever seen him from.

"Shit!" I gasped when his eyes met mine, having no control over my words, and how adorable he looked with that frown of concern over his forehead.

What did I just say in front of him! The first word I ever spoke to him was 'shit'.

"What?" He asked, obviously.

"Oh no! I don't know... I just fell off," I said smiling nervously while brushing my hair aside.

I stood up uncomfortably from the position I was in since forever. He picked up my bicycle. He freaking touched the handles of my bicycle. Damn, it was unbelievable.

I picked up my headphones and kept them in my bag as soon as I could so as not to look clumsy.

I wanted to thank him but before I could do that, his phone rang. He picked it up and Oh My God! The tone of his voice was magical, it was music.

He looked perfect while his lips moved delicately, he kept touching his hair. He laughed OMG he laughed !! God bless the person who made him laugh like that, probably not his girlfriend, he doesn't have one or does he? I could watch him for ever.

Is it actually inappropriate to stare at someone when they're on their phone? Did he recognize me as the girl from his school?

"Okay, bye!" He said.

"Bye! Thanks for helping me!" these words slipped out of my mouth without realising that he actually said 'bye' to the person on the phone. Not to me.

Fuck!

We had this really wierd eye contact. He nodded with a faint smile as he kept his phone back in the pocket of his denim. I smiled back, too. A shy one, filled with nervousness.

I went away quietly, biting my lower lip in embarrassment while dragging my bicycle beside me. It was getting way too awkward for me to handle.

Not much later, I reached Cheryl's home, her mother greeted me with a warm smile. I could already smell the rich aroma of her food filling the air.

"Namaste! Aunty," I chimed in like a good girl.

"Namaste beta, come in," she said while she opened the door further.

Cheryl's mum loved me for some reason, most probably because of my good grades.

Cheryl's house was one of the most beautiful houses in the locality. Well furnished, amazingly designed and it also had a built-in music studio for Cheryl! It was just like my dream home. The last time I visited her was a few weeks ago, they had their house renovated since then, it had quite changed.

Cheryl's mom directed me towards Cheryl's room. There they were, laughing and gossiping about some latest bollywood couple. It was cringy, to be honest. Jia was the first one to look at me with her big, smoky eyes.

"Oh wow, Trisha! You haven't changed a bit. You are still that over-curvy girl who has really bad dressing sense," she said that like she was complimenting me, her eyes wide with fake innocence.

"Haha! I'm not the same, I've gained 2 kgs," I replied with a filthy smirk.

"Okay! You're improving then."

"Trying to," I spoke.

I sat beside Cheryl on her bed while smiling faintly at her and Divya. And then, they started this whole string of gossip about how many guys Jia had dated at her new school.

"We made out in the school washroom!" Said Jia with a sparkle of pride in her eyes.

"Oh! How wild is that?!" Exclaimed Cheryl while she literally jumped on the bed, with her eyes wide open.

I noticed that Divya was no where involved in the conversation. She looked... distracted.

While the two girls were fan-girling over Jia's new boots, I turned to Divya.

"Hey! Wassup?" I asked while lightly nudging her shoulder.

"Nothing," she said below her breath.

"You're hiding something from me,right? I bet you haven't even told Cheryl yet. What's it?"

"What?" She said and looked at me.

I tried to read her eyes but her gaze fell down, she had issues.

"Div listen, you can talk to me if you have any problem. If you wanna hide it you can. I don't want to invade your privacy."

"Thanks for understanding, Trish," she said while staring at her soft hands.

I just gave her a calm smile.

I heard Cheryl say,"Trisha has even made another friend today."

"Yeah! A new girl supposedly from Mumbai," said Div, nonchalantly.

"She's actually from Pune! And she's also a swiftie so we started talking," I said while cracking my knuckles.

"Oh! The 'Taylor Swift Obsession!" said Jia.

"Yeah!"

"Hey Girls! The snack is ready," Cheryl's mom said with politeness in her voice, peeping through the semi-open door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey amazing people!!!
Thank you for reading my story.

Vote, comment & share if you liked the story!

Any suggestions?!
Comment below.

:D

Ig : @bhumikanavinmusic

Youtube : BhumikaNavin Music