Ch-4 Jai The Geek

I was in my room under the cozy blanket, on the most comfortable bed, in the most comfortable place. My stomach was calm. I was surrounded by music and stalking J's Twitter account.

His profile picture was so beautiful, it made me cry my eyes out. I'm not usually this over dramatic and cliché but won't you cry over a picture of him with his genuine smile, those dimples and his dog. This guy here, my friend, is goals. And he helped me pick up my bicycle. He was concerned about a stranger. What more was I supposed to ask for?

His tweets were hilarious. They might sound lame to others, though. One of them was :

"My sister cooked for the first time tonight aka, a disaster took place in the kitchen a few minutes ago."

His sister replied,

"@jaitheg33k Go to hell! You talk shit. Eat the freaking food in your plate!"

His sister was dope.

I loved his family. His sister, Riya was just a year younger than me. She was also in the same school. She might have known me because of all the times that the teachers asked me and Divya (she's a topper too) to help our juniors. Riya never asked a doubt from either of us, maybe because her genius brother already cleared all of them.

I wished I had a sibling, too. I never had that kind of personal bond with my folks. Dad keeps himself busy with work and mom has this whole big urge to compete with the neighbouring aunties. Sometimes, (by sometime I mean all the time) she even forces me into being perfect. Not only in my studies but also in the way I carry myself. It sucks. The competition in an Indian neighborhood is never ending.

You think you are doing something good in life...

*bam*

"What will people think?"

In this society full of drama, I prefered sleeping.

~

The next day at school, I sat beside Kanak, obviously. We knew each other as swifties but I guess we should start knowing the non-swiftie side of ours.

"Tell me a bit about yourself," I asked.
(Is that what you are supposed to say on a date? Why do I always have to say wrong things? I, sure, am a confusing person.)

"Uhm. Like?"

"Like...What are your hobbies?"

"Singing, reading, flirting, dan-"

"Fl- Flirting is your hobby! I don't even know how to do that," I interrupted.

"I like to flirt, guys at my ol' school were cool about it. Boys here are creeps. If they caught you looking at them, either they give that disgusting look or become the stalker you never asked for."

"I know, right. They're annoying. But this guy that I have a huge crush on is totally different! He's a topper, just like me, but sincere with that young boy charm."

"Woah! Beauty with brains, huh?"

"Totally," I said while slipping into my daydreams.

~

"There he is," I nudged Kanak as I pointed my eyes towards Jai.

It was recess and we were in the corridor, returning from the washroom. He looked amazingly cute while talking to his friends and laughing. I think my mouth was slight open at that time being unable to control my emotions and body in front of him. I wish he was just a normal crush, it hurts sometimes being so attached to someone. Stupid shitty heart.

"He's something, though," she remarked while reading him.

"Told ya. You see it's never gonna happen. He'll never know me like that. For him, I'm the girl who fell off her bicycle and doesn't have any sense of what she says," I said as we moved towards our classroom while laughing bitterly.

"Chill! Not like you'll die without him."

I gave her a smile. A calm one but full of pain.

"Oh come on! Don't give me that look. You'll make me hate myself with that look."

"Oh really! I hate myself too."

"For God's sake don't do that. Be chill."

"You think I'll ever get him?" I said as we settled down on our bench.

"Oh, totally. Are you sure that he doesn't know that you both study at the same school?"

"He probably doesn't, 'cause the only people who know me at school are our classmates. You see I don't interact with people a lot, in fact, the only reason I started talking to you was that you were a swiftie. "

"You need a transformation, girl."

"Wha- Why?"

"Meet me at the new coffee house at 5 in the evening."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for reading!
Wait for the next chapter 'cause I bet it's gonna be exciting!

I love to read comments on stories so please leave a comment.
Feel free to PM me any suggestions.
Vote 'cause they make me feel so good and make my day!
Share if you want to :)

Love,
Bhumika

Ig : @bhumikanavinmusic
Youtube : BhumikaNavin Music