Ch-10 It's Complicated

Jai's POV

When I returned to my classroom from the washroom during recess, I saw Trisha there. She was bursting upon Sameer which he truly deserved. I stood at the door listening to everything that she was saying to him. I could only see her from behind but I recognised her.

Each word that came out of her mouth was strong and powerful. She was not like normal people, she was different. She stood up for what she believed in. The juice accident was long forgotten, beacuse she looked sad that day, so it's fine if she forgot to apologise. People have their reasons. I took a deep breath and leaned over the classroom door with my arms folded. She was something.

Kanak told me that Trisha was weak and desperate but I didn't see it.

When her speech was over she didn't even wait for an apology from Sameer, she stormed away from him. It was like she conquered the world. I was proud of what she did. She did what we were never able to do. I looked at her coming towards me or the door. Her eyes were cold and when they met mine, I felt the power in them. She wasn't a traitor.

"Woah!" I said when she was a few centimetres away from me, our eyes still looking at each other.

And then her words hit me harder than a slap. I was taken aback, the surprised emotion on my face turned to that of shock. I wasn't angry, I just wanted to know that why she asked me to fuck off. I took a deep breath and ran after her. I called out her name while running behind her in the corridor but her steps didn't stop, they kept on increasing their speed. Why was she doing this to me?

My feet stopped when Kanak called out my name from behind.

"Jai, why are you following her?"

I looked back as soon as I heard her voice and saw her in tears. I had no idea why she was crying. I ran towards Kanak and lent her my handkerchief but instead she hugged me. I didn't feel like hugging her back due to frustration, but she was in pain, I couldn't help it. I brushed her hair with my fingers, pulled myself back and asked her what the problem was.

"I don't know, Jai. I felt like...like I would lose you to Trisha!"

"Why would you think that?" I asked as my hands slipped from her shoulder

"You don't understand my insecurities," said Kanak while wiping her tears with my handkerchief.

"What insecurities?" I asked folding my hands before my chest and a little frown formed upon my forehead.

She looked down and bit her lower lip.

"I can't trust you with them," she said still looking at the ground.

"Is it something related to Trisha?" I asked.

She just nodded, her eyes fixed at the ground.

"You think I would cheat on you with her?" I asked feeling offended.

"What do I know?" She spatted.

"Oh," I said as I took a step back still looking at her.

"Jai," she said not meeting my eyes.

"If you can't trust me, maybe you shouldn't be with me!" I said, meaning it.

"I've only known you for 2 weeks!"

"Maybe, we don't need to commit then!" I said looking at her.

I don't know if this was the closure but I left her in the corridor and I wasn't that ashamed of it.

Trisha's POV

I heard Jai calling my name when I turned away from his classroom but I knew what I did was absolutely wrong and Jai had nothing to do with it. I couldn't face him. I felt nothing. I wasn't happy, I wasn't proud of myself, I wasn't guilty or even sad. In my defence, I knew that to forget and get over him, I needed to make him hate me.

Soon enough, Kanak's voice replaced Jai's and that was when I heard the sound of Jai's footsteps, which were running towards me, stop and the sound of his footsteps became fainter as he moved to the opposite direction where, supposedly, Kanak was standing.

I took a sigh of relief even though I wanted him to catch me. When I looked forward I saw Divya, I smiled. I told her all that I said to Sameer and how he was all ashamed of himself.

"Oh wow! Trish, you're a genius."

"Ah thanks!" I said with a smile.

I saw Divya looking over my shoulder at the corridor with a wierd look, she said,

"Hey! Why is Kanak crying over there?"

I glanced behind me expecting to see Kanak and Jai together but to my surprise Kanak was crying there alone.

Why was she alone? Where was Jai?

I wanted to go to her and ask her what's the issue but my brain stopped me, I sensed danger.

I went back to our classroom, I couldn't care less.

~

When I returned to home from school, I found a message on my phone. It was from Danny. I didn't talk to him at all after the 'he didn't know Sameer' incident.

Danny : Trishhh, I leave for Mumbai today wanna meet?????

I really wanted to meet him, after all I was the one who made him a friend and I got to tell him about Kanak and how I handled Sameer without his help. I wanted to mock him for not being able to help me! I felt better. Plus, this might be the last time that I ever see him.

'You still in town right,' I replied.

He replied instantly.

'Yeahhhh, friends café 6pm?!'

'No, sunset point, 6pm'

'As you wish, Trishhh! Gotta Google where is the sunset point of this town, tho'

'Ahahah! At the Venice Park,' I replied referring to a park that I visited since childhood.

'I'll be there'

Press the star if you'd love to know more of Jai's POVs

I love you guys!!!