Ch-25 Happy New Year

Riya, being so nice, took me with her. I washed the stain with water to get rid of the stickiness then I blow dried it. It looked fine after that.

I walked out of their home to the party when I saw Jai again, but this time he had no coat on, just a plain white shirt with a black tie. Impressive! He was laughing and talking to Danny, who had changed his suit after that wierd incident.

Danny looked at me, still talking to Jai, then he said something to Jai and suddenly Jai faced towards me.

Shit!

I looked down and started staring at my hands.

When I looked upwards after a few seconds, I saw Jai and Danny still staring at me like I was an alien. I raised my eyebrows as a gesture to question What? They just looked away, smiling.

What the heck?

I couldn't stand it anymore. I stormed towards the two suspicious figure. Stood in front of them with my arms crossed over my chest and asked.

"What's the matter with you guys?"

I was not able to take it anymore. What's with all of the suspence, seriously?

Danny just gave me a quick glare and Jai wasn't even looking at me. Great!

"Danny speak up! My patience is getting so unbearable!" I said but now in a pleading manner.

Before, Danny could even open his mouth, Jai's mother spoke to me,"Trish, can you please get the drinks from the kitchen," she said that with a smile. I smiled back.

"Sure," I said.

"Jai, please go and help her," she then said to Jai patting his back.

"Okay, Ma," Jai said  and followed me to his kitchen.

I thought that I got used to his presence, but I was wrong, dead wrong. The kitchen echoed faint noise of music from the party. I looked at the clock it was already 11:55pm. I smiled in a hope for the next year.

I entered the kitchen first and opened the refrigerator to find nothing there. Jai walked in a few seconds later. The warmth in the kitchen doubled. I took a deep breath trying to act really normal, but it all came out really clumsy.

"Listen Trish!" he then said from behind, these words were enough for me.

"Yeah," I said not turning back but eventually I did turn back and now my back was against the kitchen counter. He was just a few feet away.

"I don't know how to put it into words, first of all I'm really sorry for all of the troubles that I or Danny caused to you," he said looking anywhere but me.

I just inhaled.

"I don't know," he said and looked at me, "I get, like, really nervous around you these days, Danny says that maybe I... like you."

Those words made my heart skip a beat. I was not expecting this, at all.

"Oh," was all I was able to say, looking deep into his eyes.

"Maybe, I like you. Really like you. I don't ask for anything in return, Trish! I'm sorry if I freaked you out," he said shaking his head and took a step back still facing towards me.

I blinked my eyes twice staring into his.

"No, don't be," I said.

I don't know how I gained the confidence to do this. I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him closer swiftly. Our faces were so close, our breath collided, our eyes were locked, for the first time I realised that his eyes were a shade of deep brown instead of black. He was breathing heavily, so was I. Tension built between us. He didn't try to pull back.

He brought his lips closer to mine and placed them on mine. I was captivated by this feeling. I kissed him back. His lips sunk deep into mine making it harder to breathe but easier to feel him. Every place that he touched me felt alive. He pulled me closer by my waist, my hands moved towards the back of his head in his hair. Our movements were synchronized. His lips felt perfect on mine.

We pulled back ourselves when we ran out of breath. His hands were still on my waist. I moved my hands to his chest and dug my head in it. I could feel his heartbeat. It was quick. I was too conscious to look into his eyes. He raised my chin and said,

"You know what? You make me feel like I'm alive all over again."

There was a smile on his face which I couldn't resist. He placed a kiss on my forehead which made all of this strangely unbelievable. This was when we heard people counting down to 0. It was almost new year.

We counted down alone along with the crowd. He held on to me, it didn't feel like he owned me but I felt so safe.

"Happy new year!" I squealed looking at him.

"Happy new year!" he said with a spark in his eyes.

Just then we saw Danny at the kitchen door.

"Happy new year, guys!" he said mischievously.

"Happy new year, Dan" we said together letting go off each other and Jai went to hug him.

I hugged him too.

Then we finally took the drinks outside, where they were already cutting the cake.

"Fuck off Jai!" I smiled and said to him.

"Fuck off Trish!" he said and winked at me.

So, this was the last chapter. :)