Ch-5 Ms.Friendly

"Where were you?" said Kanak as I approached her.

We met at this really cool F.R.I.E.N.D.S  themed coffee house which was opened recently. There were pictures of Chan Chan Man, Joey, Pheebs, Ross, Rach and Mon all over the place and the purple door with that yellow frame made me want to go home and binge watch the show. The good thing about the café was that it prohibited phones to make it much people-friendly rather than meme-friendly. I swear I love memes but seriously there are better things you could do with your friends (in my case, a friend) rather than tagging each other in memes all day long.

"I had classes."

"So now can we talk?" She said while I took a seat beside her.

"Yeah. I need transformation, you said?"

"You do. You absolutely do. You need to learn to make friends!"

"Oh sorry! Was that for me? The thing is I don't even know how to talk to people. I am a let down to the society."

"That's what we're gonna change today!"

"Let's try," I said before taking a sip of my cold coffee.

"Okay! You see that guy," Kanak said while pointing towards a guy of roughly our age with a lean body and curly black hair, he was reading something, a magazine, I guess.

"Try to get to know him and yeah you're not going to use the advantage of both of you being in the same 'friends' fandom or any such shit!"

"Ugh! How can I? You kidding, right?" I said lazily while leaning myself further into the seat.

She gave me a slight push and there I went.

"Hi!" I said with a slight uncomfortable smile looking at the boy.

He was startled at first and then he had this confusing look on his face for about a second.

"Hey," said he with a poker face.

"I'm sorry to have disturbed you. Um. Actually, my friend said I needed to learn to make new friends and I suck at it."

"Oh okay. So, I am laboratory mouse here?"

"Sorry, I'm really sorry," I said while playing with my fingers.

Then, he laughed. Really, he just laughed.

"Tell your friend that you've got a new friend."

"What?" I said with a faint smile.

"I'd like to know you, as a friend," he nodded.

"Oh really! Did I earn a new friend today?" I almost squealed, which I don't do often.

"Absolutely! You're silly, kind of fun, though. I'm Danny, by the way," he said while bringing his hand forward for a handshake.

"Hi Danny, I'm Trisha," I said while I shook his hand.

And so I settled down before him and we talked a bit, he was from Mumbai. He had come to Bhopal to visit his Aunt. He was going to stay here for two weeks. We exchanged our instagram usernames and then he left.

"So..?" said Kanak as I approached her.

"Meet Ms.Friendly," I sang.

"Haha, you're one step closer."

"Yay!" I said while mentally punching my fist in the air.

"Tell me 'bout him"

"So, his name is Danny..."

~

I was at my home looking at Danny's pics on instagram. He looked much better in real life. He had already started following me.

Let me tell you one thing, my instagram feed has pics of me laughing, screaming and doing all sorts of crazy stuff.

I slid into my DMs and checked out Danny's message. He had already sent me his moblie number and a message.

Hi Trish! You still up?

It was 1:00 am.

I sent him a 'Hi'. But he didn't see it. I slept over my phone that night.

~

It was sunday. Finally, the best day someone could ask for. I woke up at around 11:00am. The first thing I did was to check Jai's instagram account. I still hadn't started following him. Thank God his account is public. But today, I followed him, I also sent him a friend request on Facebook. I got ready in a pair of black jeans and a white tank top with "TIRED" written over it. I have this habit of buying clothes those are relatable.

I needed to go to the library to get some books for an upcoming assignment. Divya was to accompany me. I left her a message to meet me at the bus stop at 12 and left the home.

The day was good, weather wise. I saw Divya across the road. I waved at her and went towards her. She was dressed in pretty decent top and jeans. We didn't come to the bus stop to catch a bus. It was actually a meeting point from where the library was about 15 minutes away, by foot.

"Trish, you know I was hiding something from you," Divya said as we were walking.

"Yeah."

"You know... I should've talked about it before."

"What's the matter, Divs? You don't seem fine," I said with a concern in my voice.

"Actually.." she had a tense frown over her forehead."It's about Sameer."

"Sameer Ahuja?" I said with a surprised almost shocking face.

Please vote, comment and share if you liked it!