Ch-19 See You Again

Trisha's POV

It's been four months since that night. The night that changed my life. I kept his words. I fucked off from his life. I avoided him at school, I avoided Kanak too, I avoided talking about him to Danny. I focused on myself, on my needs and I started accepting myself.

I took a deep breath in the mirror and got ready. I smiled at my mom when I left, she smiled back at me. I wasn't sad, just felt incomplete but I wasn't sad. But now I guess meeting him would light me up with completeness.

Jai's POV

The guilt killed me that night. I was frustrated, more because I hated myself. What Kanak did, seemed so much better than what I did. I called Dan, talked to him about everything and he listened, he still does when I need to rant. I didn't want him to apologise on my behalf. It was my sin, not his.

I never talked to Kanak, again. Just heard some rumors that she started dating Sameer, good for her.

Danny is coming to the town today and I couldn't wait to meet him. I rushed off to the bus stop.

Trisha's POV

As I walked to the bus stop, I saw a familiar looking silhouette sitting on a bench there. I wanted to fuck off like I did in the past four months. But today I thought, why should I listen to him?

I sat on the other bench beside him, pretending he wasn't even there.

Jai's POV

The cloud of guilt burst inside me when I saw her walking carelessly in front me and then taking the bench beside. I couldn't stop looking at her. I wished that she would just say something that would make me feel better. I wish she would forgive me but I never apologised.

I finally turned my attention to the road with vehicles going to their destinations. My path wasn't clear. The cloudy weather brought the blues with it. I loved the blues. I then hung my head low waiting for Danny to show up and kill this awkward silence.

"I'm sorry," I said looking at the ground after a few minutes of uncomfortable silence.

She didn't respond.

"I'm sorry, Trish!" I said again, this time she turned at me.

"Don't call me that," she said with a cold face, a cold voice.

I gulped looking at the road. I exhaled but it didn't take the pain away.

"Trish! Please!" I said looking straight at her cold eyes this time.

It was now her turn to exhale. She exhaled, leaned on the bench and looked at the road. We were now in the same positions. Waiting for a hope, Danny. I knew he could help me, help us.

Finally, a bus pulled up in front of us. I exhaled with relief when I saw Danny stepping out of the bus. I went and hugged him. He smiled. His smile is contagious, it made me smile for the first time since forever.

"Hey bro!" he said releasing the hug.

"Dan! I missed you so damn much," I said these words, they contained more sorrow than happiness.

"I know! I've missed you guys too!", he said looking at us. Trisha was standing right beside me, I could sense.

"Same Dan!" Trisha smiled at him.

"Didn't know that you two would come together to pick me up!" Dan said eyeing at me but loud enough for her to listen to it, too.

"Nah. Not together," she said disturbed.

"Oh! Who came first then?" he asked while smirking.

"She did," I said without thinking. I could sense her cursing me under her breath.

Trisha's POV

Why did he have to say that? Liar!

Does he think that I would forget everything? Huh.

"No he did," I said whiningly, I didn't want to show Danny how pissed off I was.

"Ok. Ok kids," Danny said sarcastically, "Coffee?"

"You're asking kids to drink coffee, ironic," I laughed lightly.

Danny and Jai chuckled.

I'm not even sure if I can face him anymore.

Jai's POV

What am I supposed to do, I feel weak. Danny's gotta help me.

"Coffee's fine!" Trisha said looking at Dan still ignoring me.

"Yeah," I blurted almost immediately.

"Okay then!" Danny said.

We were seated at this café in our locality, Trisha was almost in front of me. Thanks to Danny for killing the awkward silence. I couldn't wait to go home. When the cups were finally on our table. Danny leaned back in his chair and smiled watching both of us simultaneously.

"What?" I asked.

"Guys, would you please talk," was all he said and I didn't know what to expect.

There was a silence.

He cleared his throat.

"Okay, Jai. Tell Trish all that you want to and Trish please listen to what he says."

Thank you, Danny!

"Will you?" He asked Trisha.

Trisha's POV

Of course I would! Why wouldn't I want to. I mean I really wanna know.

"Yeah," I said casually nodding at Danny.

Danny signaled Jai to go on. He inhaled and really calmly but frustrated with himself looked me in the eyes, which made me flinch, and said,

"Trish... I'm really, really sorry. I wasn't even frustrated at you that night. What I said was absolutely wrong. I don't know, I just- I just lost my sanity that night. For heaven's sake, Kanak asked me to get drunk! It made me so mad. I never thought I'd swear upon anyone and the worst part is that I swore upon my brother's friend. It kills me, it still does. I'm really upset with myself and I- I know that no sorry could fix this."

Then with exhaustion he held his head in his hands.

I looked at him.

"Guys, now give youselves a break, think about how the other person was right at their place. Jai forgive yourself. And Trish, please don't fuck off anymore, this guy would kill himself," said Danny.

The last sentence sent chills down my spine, it was not fear I felt something really different. He cared if I talked to him but maybe that's because he's guilty. I understood. I knew what I had to do. Give him a second chance.

Hit that star button and please leave some comments!