Ch-11 It's Not A Date, Or Is It?

I was at the sunset point before time. The sun was nearing the calm land covered with grass, a faint fragrance of roses filled the air which brushed my hair, softly. I bought some Cadbury chocolates for him along with a remember me card that I bought from the Archies store. I wrote a quick message on the card with a blue sketch pen. I would've baked something for him on my own but I had to come at a short notice.

When it was around, 5:57pm I saw a boy with curly black hair approaching me. He had his luggage with him. I smiled seeing him and he did the same.

"Hi!" he exclaimed.

"Hi! Gonna miss ya, dude," I complained like a child while punching his shoulder, a little too strongly than what we consider playfully.

"Haha! I know you won't," he laughed.

"I won't," I said in a sarcastic tone and gave him the chocolates and the card,"Hold it, I'm tired!"

"You use me all the damn time, girl," he smirked and took the chocolates and the card from my hand.

"Not anymore!"

I gave him a smile and gestured him to come and sit with me on a old white bench.

"So, I see your bags. When will you be leaving?" I asked him, generally.

"I know you want me to go, but girl, why so desperate?" he looked at me with a fake frown.

"What even-? Why would I be desperate for you?" I said with a short chuckle.

"Ouch! You broke my heart, Trish. You ain't desperate for me!" He kept his hand on his heart. I smiled. "By the way, I'll have to catch the bus to airport in an hour."

"Oh, I see."

"The chocolates are delicious," he said while putting a choco ball in his mouth.

Bitches like me know the best chocolates.

"Ahaha! You ain't giving me anything? You're mean!" I said.

I didn't want to tell him about the school drama, it would just bring negative vibes around and ruin the beautiful evening.

"Wait for it, lemme read this card first."

I was embarrassed to be very honest.

'Remember me and my crazy life' it said, I wrote that actually. I wrote that!

"That's sweet and... girly. Thanks anyway," he said in a wierd, wierd tone while put the card in his back pack.

"Don't mess with me now, I'll smack you in the face then you'll know what girly is, now give me what you freaking brought for me, can't wait to criticise!" I said half laughing, half embarrassed.

His eyes looked at me with surprise, then he slid his hand into the pocket of his jacket, took out a folded piece of paper and gave it to me with a smile. Honestly, now what was that?

I took the paper but I was confused.

Has he got some drugs in there?

"What's this?" I asked still confused.

"Open it!"

"Okay..."

I slowly, no, swiftly opened the folded paper. It had someone's phone number on it.

I looked at Danny and asked,"Whose number is this? Is it yours? But I already have it! And this surely isn't a gift, you didn't bring anything for me and now you're making up excuses, woah! That's so..."

"It's Jai's," he said interrupting me.

Everything stopped. The wind, the earth, time, my heartbeat, my breath, my words, my brain!

Danny knew about my crush on him but he didn't know him personally. He's got to be kidding.

"Who Jai?" I said as poker facedly as I could to stop myself from blushing.

"Jai Verma!" he said looking at the paper in my hand."Jai is my cousin!"

He is your what-? What the hell! I am done! I am having my crush's number, the same crush who I asked to fuck off!

"No...please don't say that Dan! I'd die right here at this freaking spot!" I stood up from the bench.

"I am serious, Trish!" He said trying to supress his laugh.

How could he possibly be right! I've stalked Jai's social accounts a million times and they don't even follow each other?!

"You guys don't even follow each other on social media! Who are you fooling, Dan?"

"You don't trust me?" He raised and eyebrow. "Wait lemme call him and put the phone on speaker," he said with a smile as I sat down on the bench again.

God, nooo. My heart. My beating heart.

Dan knew about my crush on Jai and he never told me that he was his cousin. I hope that he didn't tell Jai about my crush on him. Wait, does he even know about Kanak?

My pulse lost it's speed as Dan took his phone out of his pocket and made a call. He put the phone on speaker and the bell was ringing.

Why isn't he picking up? Please don't pick. Pick you phone Mr.Jai! God, I hope he doesn't pick his phone but...

"Hello," said the voice on phone, it wasn't Jai's.

What?

Danny looked at my almost about to cry eyes and then replied.

"Kanak?"

"Mmhmm"

"Where's Jai?"

"He's getting popcorn for us, we came to watch a movie, actually. Anything important?"

"Nope, ask him to call me when he returns."

"Oh, okay."

I knew they were dating but I couldn't help it. I thought I was at least a bit over him, but no! My body was shaking and I wanted to rant, so bad.

"I'm so sorry, Trisha," said Dan looking at me.

I was dumbstruck and couldn't answer him, I closed my eyes and let a tear slip out. I can't believe I cried in front of Dan.

Please vote, comment and share. They make my day!