That Was Not A Jolly Night

Adam's POV

I woke up with an intense headache. The light of Greece made me squint in confusion. What happened last night? Was all I could ask myself. I got up in a tuxedo and all. I went to the bathroom to freshen up from all the sweat and drool I received during my sleep. It sure was not a type of beauty sleep people thought they wanted. The shower looked really tempting, so then I though why not? I got into the shower, and that made a difference. The nice refreshing water slithered down my body in slowly making its way to the drain. I took a good 20 minutes to gather myself together. I got out feeling really new. The pjs I brought with me, were ready to be worn and I completed their dream by wearing it. 

I walked out and a river of petals were flying out the sliding door. No wonder it was cold. The petals flew outside to the open, looking like birds heading out to find a warmer place. Then something caught my eye, the empty tequila bottle was on the floor and chairs were scattered everywhere. Oh god. I ruined everything. I planned a romantic honeymoon but I ruined it because I felt like drinking. I remembered that Eva told me to stop, but I didn't.  Then I stopped.

Where was Eva?

I looked around the room, upstairs and downstairs and I didn't find her at all. I was starting to panic, so I called her up on my phone but she didn't answer.  I went to the lobby and asked the clerk if he knew anything.

"Sir!" I called out.

"Oh good morning Mr. Lambert! How may I help you?" He asked with his greek accent.

"Hello sir, umm, have you seen Eva?" I asked.

He looked a bit confused.

"She has long brown hair, brown eyes, fit, peachy skin, her height is up to my shoulder, and she always has her hair up all the time?" I described.

"Ah! Yes, she went out with our ex-chauffeur, Dylan." He replied.

I didn't respond.

"Want me to give him a call?" He asked.

"No. No thank you. I'll wait." I answered.

"Oh alright. Have a good day!" He said with a smile.

"Same to you." I replied trying to make a decent smile.

I went back up to my room pissed off. How could she go with him since she knows how much I despise his presence? Don't overthink yet, maybe it was nothing. I tried convincing myself but my anger kept on rising.

I was walking back and forth hoping she was okay with him. I took a seat on the couch afraid that I would make a trench by much I was walking back and forth anxiously. I was still holding my phone hoping she would call. What would ease my stress level? I looked at the music app, that was the answer. I pulled out my earphones from my luggage and plugged them into my phone and then to my ears. There we go. Much better. 

2 songs passed. It seemed unrelaxing to sit on a couch facing the TV, so I went to the balcony that had a view that should not be missed. I took a chair out and sat on it. I closed my eyes, feeling the rush of cool air and the smell of the blue ocean. I could hear the waves crashing and the sound of people talking. Then I felt arms wrapped around me and a kiss on my now cold cheek.

It was Eva.

I wanted to ask her so many questions about where she went, but all I could do was hug her.

"I'm glad you're here! I have been so worried." I told her.

"I only went out to get you some pills for your headache and some food if you were craving some."  She replied.