Chapter 5: Aaron

• Dedicated to To my lovely sister

Picture of Aaron....

---------------------------------------

Aaron felt stupid, down right a freaking idiot. He wasn't up for this. He wasn't up for any of this. College? Really?

"What the hell am I doing here?"Aaron spoke to the air.

He took out the three bags and... and threw them to the ground as he paid the cab driver.

The cab left but Aaron stood his ground, literally. Aaron stood there outside the "perk cafe" smoking cigarettes like he was in no hurry at all. It's not just that he was in a hurry, he just didn't have an idea about it, and he didn't care.

After about 15 minutes and 4 smoke sticks, he grabbed the bags inside the cafe and once again threw them to the corner.

"Umm, sir you're bags are on my way" a pretty waitress complained.

"Oh I'm sorry" Aaron said as he dragged the bags to the other side so that the waitress could walk easily.

"Oh, it's okay... may I take your order?" she asked obviously liking what she was seeing.

To say that Aaron was good-looking would be an understatement. His gorgeous blue eyes reminded girls of ocean, at least that was what they'd tell him in every first dates. And seriously he was kinda sick of it. All those girls always ended up using him for the short-lived popularity in high schools.

To tell you the truth Aaron was naive. He looked for emotional connection in a relationship and every time he met the wrong girl just like the waitress standing in front of him blushing slightly, flipping her hair.

"Seen that move a hundred times sweety" Aaron laughed silently.

"Oh yeah, get me a black coffee and a snack... anything to your choice" Aaron said with a sweet smile out loud.

"Oh..." the waitress smiled and looked around blushing heavily at the moment " ummm, then that will be a coffee and a cheesecake?"

"Okay... I'd love a cheesecake"

He didn't mean to flirt with the waitress or give her any signals but it came to him like a reflex action. Flirting was his major.

"Major... shit" Aaron kicked the table.

He remembered that he was here because he had joined a damn college "Xavier high".

"Stupid name" Aaron talked to himself once again.

About 5 minutes later, the coffee and the cake arrived. As Aaron had predicted, below the plate was a pretty little slip containing the pretty waitress's number.

He tucked the number to his jeans and paid the bill, left the waitress an enormous tip.

"At least someone's day is made" he sighed as he started towards his new college apartment.

About 15 minutes walk, and he was there.

The 5 bedroom apartment looked like a box from outside, with some dead trees here and there on the outside. He hated the fact that it was brown and looked exactly like the other one and the other one and the other one...

Aaron shook his head as he entered the apartment B25. At least the inside looked better than the outside.

As he closed the door shut, two people came outside from the top floor almost at the same time.

He wasn't in the mood for the lousy hello's and so he ran for the first door he could find.

He entered a room yellow in color, looks nice, he thought. The bed was made and blah, blah.... He threw the poor bag again and sat beside the window pane looking outside waiting for the people making noises outside to go away.