Chapter 4: Empty Room Full of Memories

• Dedicated to To my lovely sister

Elena took a heavy breath in as she looked around her empty home. Everything that she and Evan had chosen was packed up in boxes. She stared at the empty walls and drifted to those happy memories which now only brought her down and broke her into tears.

~~ Flashback~~

"Elena... Elena!" Evan came running after Elena as she pretended not to hear a word.

"C'mon Elena! I won't stop following until you look back so just quit it already" Evan said as he controlled his breathing.

Elena came to an abrupt stop and turned around slowly with a death glare set on Evan.

Evan was expecting that look, but as always no amount of afore warning helped Evan. He was at fault and he knew it.

"What do you want?" she asked as she tried to keep it down.

"Baby... I'm sorry. I... I..."

"Do you even know why I'm mad at you?"

Oh Evan knew it alright...

"Yes" Evan's head fell down.

"And why is that?" Elena was sure Evan had no idea what was cooking on her mind.

"Because we haven't talked for a week now" Evan said slowly.

Elena's eyes grew wide, that wasn't the reason she was thinking of.

'Oh my god! How could I be so selfish? I haven't called Evan for a whole week now? What the hell is wrong with me?' Elena's voice in her head was loud.

"I haven't called you in a week?" 17 year old Elena asked innocently.

"No" Evan shook his head.

"I'm so sorry... I was so busy with" she changed the subject.

"How was your exam? What did the university say? Did they accept? What happened?" Elena asked as she tumbled through her question.

"You were so busy with what Ely? What aren't you telling me?"

Elena pulled Evan towards her car as she ordered Evan to answer her question.

"And about the college... umm yeah I'm gonna start out a year late. They accepted my request... you know coz of my superb army records."

"A year late?" Elena shrieked in happiness.

"Yup!" Evan was expecting this as well.

"So... so you're gonna..." Elena couldn't control herself.

She pounced on Evan, hugging him tight, her legs around his body.

"Yup" Evan repeated again with a huge smile on his face as he rocked his Elena sideways.

That was his definition of happiness, getting to hug Elena, getting to make her happy as she was now.

After about half an hour of explanation and kissing and both, Elena drove Evan to her parents' house where she still lived and led him to the huge green (extravagantly) beautiful garden and made him sit at the wooden table outside.

"Stay here. Don't move. I'll be right back!" Elena said as she ran towards the door that led her inside her home.

Evan waited anxiously as he tried to calm himself down for the big moment that was about to come. Evan stared at his shaking cold and sweaty palms as he reminded himself to breathe in and out.

When he looked up, he... he was in utter awe.

Elena was slowly coming down the stairs with a cake in her hand with two candle lit.

Evan could never understand why she loved him back. But he never questioned it, coz as for him, he was to never question his good fortune.

"What's all this honey?" he asked as he took the cake from her hand and laid it to the table.

The cake read "Happy 1st anniversary honey" in a very unimpressive manner, but Evan loved it coz he could see Ely had baked it herself. He could picture Ely staying up all night long just to bake it.

And it meant the world to him, coz he knew just how much Elena hated cooking or better yet baking. He was speechless.

"Happy anniversary Evan... don't worry we're just a day late" Elena whispered as she planted a feather soft kiss on his cheek.

"Ely..." was all he could manage to speak.

"It's okay Evan... I'm just glad you love me back." she said in a teasing tone.

Elena turned around to fetch the plates from the kitchen but Evan pulled her back into a tight hug so that she could understand what he couldn't say at the moment.

"I love you too" Elena whispered with a satisfied smile.

She had accomplished what she had wanted by cooking for the first time in her life.

"Move in with me, Ely" Evan whispered in her ears suddenly.

Ely pulled herself apart from him and said "yeah right"

"I'm serious" And he was.

"But... I'm seventeen" she elongated the "een" in the seventeen for emphasis.

"Would you move in with me if it were possible? Would you trust me?" he said almost pleading.

"Of course I would Evan. I trust you more than I could ever trust myself, but I'm not..."

Evan didn't let Elena continue. He kissed her into a kiss that could only express the love, happiness and all the other emotions he felt after he found his Ely.

"But it's still not possible" Ely said after she caught her breath.

~~ End of flashback~~

But somehow Evan made it possible coz exactly after a week from their first anniversary Elena moved in to the same apartment that she was leaving at the moment.

Elena once again didn't try to push away the tears as she was leaving her home where she had spent a blissful 2 years with Evan, with her Evan.

One last time she glanced at the empty room full of memories and closed the doors and left for her new college apartment.

Even before she saw the new place,she knew it won't be her new home coz there would be no Evan.

----------------

Author's Note:

So wat do you think????????