Chapter 17: Farewell Party

He's back!!!

Nina's POV

These past few weeks had been the pain in my ass, the only relief would be Aaron... I guess. After pouring of the heartfelt story of Elena, I kinda felt guilty. It wasn't actually my story to tell. Well for Elena, I seriously don't know what's running in her mind. I mean I seriously think she is in a serious case of self-denial and I'm waiting for the breakdown like last time.

Sarah officially entering our lives has obviously changed too little of things and I really don't know if that's a good thing or a bad one. The good thing was Elena's breakdown wasn't showing up, and Aaron's proved out to be a really good friend but the bad thing (as there's always a one or two in my life) Sarah went invisible again and Elena and I seemed to be on the no-talking basis. I don't know if it's only me that she's not talking to or the whole world. I have seriously no idea.... Aaron hadn't talked to her either as he says.

What is she trying to do?

"Hey.... Where you going?" Aaron came from the back.

Where was I going? I seriously had no idea...

"Ummm...."

"You wanna come to my apartment... you know hang?"

Oh yeah.... I was probably heading to meet Ely, good thing.

"Yeah sure... so you finished your big project yesterday or what?"

We talked all the way to home; Aaron and I didn't mention Ely once. I don't even know why... we just knew Ely needed time and I think that's all that we had to give and nothing else. Nothing we'd say could make anything better for her, nothing we'd do could make her stronger to face it, and all we could give her was time and her space.

But I just want to let her know that whenever she wants me I'd be there. Hey what are sworn for eternity bff's for?

"Nina is that you?" Ely yelled from the window as I was about to enter the house.

"Yeah..." I tried to look at the window but she wasn't there. She was already out the door and hugging me.

"I know you must be thinking I hate you and I'm ignoring you... but I'm not... I just..." Ely didn't complete the sentence.

"I know... you needed it. I just missed you sweetie..."

"I missed you too" Ely let me go and gave a huge smile.

"Ummm, if I'm included... I missed both of you" Aaron smiled.

"Of course you are Aaron! I missed your weird comments so much..." Ely said as we got into a tight hug.

"Aww, that's so sweet!"

We went in and filled each other up about all the things that we missed in the last month and about the final papers and exams and blah.. blah... We just talked and laughed talking about the party (obviously ignoring the way it ended but hey before the entire Sarah thing it was really fun to see Ely dancing her ass off).

"Hey Nina.... Long time didn't see you here..." Alex exclaimed seeing me.

Alex came up to me and was about to hug me like always but Aaron stopped him. why did he do that? Weird....

"That might be one reason she doesn't come here a lot..." Aaron said almost in a serious tone.

That wasn't the reason and Aaron knew it.

"What are you talking about? Nina doesn't mind... do you Nina?"

"Nope...." I went round and hugged Alex.

Aaron didn't seem to like it a lot...

"Don't make that face, you get one too..." I don't know that just seemed the right thing to do, and what's wrong with a hug right?

"Great you all are here..." Kyle said from behind.

Claire holding his hand from behind came to the living room and somehow reminded me of the couple announcing their wedding in July (like Elena and Evan). Well they did have an announcement but somewhat a different one.

"Guys, we bought a flat for ourselves... we're moving out next sem...!" they both screamed in happiness.

Then followed the long congratulations stuff and then finally came the celebration part, the part with drinks and fun...

The next morning I woke up, I was snuggled up with Aaron on the floor! What's up with that??

I slowly turned my head around, I noticed the watch, and it was 5 in the morning. Ely was sleeping in the couch, Aaron beside me; Kyle and Claire nowhere in sight (gee don't even want to think of what they were doing) and Alex was sleeping in the kitchen floor with Brit?

My head was spinning trying to remember all the details of what actually happened yesterday. I remember Brit being called up by Alex with all the alcohol for the real-early farewell party and I remember the drinking part...

Urgh who wants to remember other stuff??? It's all blurry and stuff... I just couldn't think anymore...

I went into the shower and got fresh before anyone else woke up. I smelled like well... I seriously smelled like alcohol and Aaron. I didn't even know that Aaron had a scent of his own. I just wanted to change, so without waking anyone up I walked out of the house to my place.

Okay my place wasn't all that good-looking like Aaron and Ely's place. It was comfortable sure, but grand like theirs no! But I can fucking guarantee that it does NOT smell like cigarettes and definitely didn't have cigarette butts all over my front door! That Brian needs another thrashing about smoking in front of the door... I somehow hated everything he did!

"Nini... is that you?" I heard the familiar voice call my old nickname.

I dead stopped in my place, trying to decipher what to do next. I slowly made myself turn and saw that ghost of a man and let out one name that made me angry, happy, irritated, nervous and scared all at once...

"Evan..."

--------------------------

so finally the wait is over! Evan's back! How do you think he's gonna act now? and what about the Aaron and Nina? what do you think is next?? he,he... hope you guys keep reading on.... =)