Chapter 13: The Story Missed

• Dedicated to To my Sister

"Sarah... The waitress, What about her?" Aaron was confused. Why mention the blonde waitress the first thing after waking up from that huge a leap.

Seriously, the thud and the broken glasses drowned the loud music. Aaron thought she was attacked by some weirdo. But still, it took the shit out of everyone, especially him and Nina.

"Wait, what? Sarah? Sarah Connell?" Nina's face was about to morph into one single dot, it was that crumpled. It was somewhat a mixture of anger, shock and... and what else?

Elena weakly shook her head. Nina scanned the now emptying room. The party was immediately over once the host fell off and as Nina yelled everyone to get out. Now sober people were waking drunken people from god know which corner of the house.

Fortunately, everyone seemed to get that it wasn't any other drunk and fall situation, it was somehow in the air that situation was serious. Maybe it was Nina's reaction or maybe the loud thud or maybe they thought Elena had died. But something delivered the message.

"And YOU know her." Nina accused him.

Betrayal... yeah that was the emotion mixed in Nina's face.

"Well... yeah... I mean kinda... she's the waitress at the perk café".

At that time, Elena suddenly rose up and started running in a tad bit clumsy manner and reached the bathroom somehow before puking.

Nina tried running after her, but Aaron stopped her. Nina's faced had crumpled like a paper, but Aaron was determined to know what was it that made both the girl so scared was or whatever that they were. The betrayal in Nina's face was wrong... according to Aaron it belonged to his face at the moment.

"Nina... no. Tell me what the hell am I missing? I know something 's wrong but what the hell is it?"

"Everything is wrong! You're missing the whole story Aaron! Elena needs me, now let me go!" Nina struggled free from Aaron's grip and raced toward the bathroom where Elena was letting out the content of the whole day's meal.

The whole story? How could that be? They had been hanging out for almost a year now... how could he not know anything about it?

He considered the girls his best friend... then he remembered why it was so. Whenever they hung out, Ely and Nina never talked about each other, at least nothing that could reveal anything personal about their past, they never talked why they were here (almost always high school bff were to part ways ,find their own life ,test their friendship through distance and time... wasn't that the normal thing to happen?). It was always Aaron who did the talking and them the listening.

Was he a bad listener? Or were they too secretive? Or was it just that they didn't trust him with their secrets, their stories?

"Aaron!! I need help!" Nina yelled with a groan.

She was trying to get an unconscious Ely on feet. Aaron swept Elena off her feet, making it seem way easy and took her to her own bedroom. Ely tumbling in her bed started babbling like she did earlier this year every night she slept.

"Evan... Evan... please don't go... Evan!"

Nina stayed by her side and tried to calm her down as if she knew what Ely was babbling. What the hell am I thinking? Of course she knows about it, she knows everything.

Aaron went out and waited, his mind racing a thousand miles an hour speed, he just couldn't seem to calm himself down like Nina calmed Ely down. What was going on? Nina came out looking like a disappointed, disheartened person that Aaron had never seen or knew her to be.

Aaron kept looking at her, he said nothing. For one thing he wanted her to speak first for other coz he didn't know how to start...

"It's a long story Aaron"

"We've got all night..."

"Well what do you want to know?" Nina said as she opened the refrigerator, probably coz she didn't want to face his menacing look on her.

"Everything. For starters... Who's Sarah? How do you know her? And who the hell is Evan?"

"Sarah is... well was one of the closest friends of Evan"

That's it? That was all she was gonna say?

"And.... "

"And Evan is Ely's ex- boyfriend"

Aaron took a minute to process it; it wasn't such a big deal was it? A girl as beautiful and sweet as Elena was bound to have a past right?

"Okay... so how did they break up?"

"That's the thing... they didn't break up... they were supposed to get married... only they didn't..."

"What?"

------------------

Sorry for the grammar mistakes... I'm pretty sure there must be tons of it... didn't edit it... this is the first hand chapter.... hope you guys like it... next part is being written... gee my heads abt to explode wid all da ideas.... if you think you have a better one do post! :)