Chapter 7: The Chocolate Boy's Plan (part 1)

• Dedicated to To my lovely sister

It was almost 8 at night. Everything was dark and a little cold too. Nina clutched to her thin jacket a little tighter. You could've blamed the cool blowing wind for her trembling feet and her fast beating heart, but it wasn't the cool wind that filled her eyes with tears.

Nina had found Ely, her best friend crying alone at the back of the lone cafeteria. She had seen Ely in almost every avatar possible but today it was different. It was like nothing before.

Ely was downright pathetic and looked ridiculously hurt and old and scared and sad for her age. Ely didn't look like Ely and Nina was scared.

When she found Ely, she had heard the choking breaths and the weeping from almost two blocks away all thanks to the stillness of the unusual hour. Ely was there sitting on the cold floor, knees to her chest head hidden away but shaking, shaking so badly. Nina knew she should've gone to Ely's side immediately, but somehow she was scared. She felt like approaching a guy on the edge of the cliff on a suicide mission.

And she was right to be scared coz as soon as Nina grabbed Ely, she wept even harder. If she were shaking before, then she got into an earthquake mode and a bad one at that, the kind which destroys everything on its way.

"Ely... Ely what's the matter?" Nina asked trembling herself.

"I... I'm going crazy Nina.... I'm gonna go fucking out of my mind.... I'm... I'm" Elena couldn't continue.

She broke free another set of hysteria. Elena was in a bad state before but then everything just seemed surreal.

It took Nina two hours to get Ely back to her apartment.

"I'm seeing Evan everywhere... but he's never there. It's all just... it's not Evan..." Elena cried as she tried to explain what had happened.

Nina closed her eyes tight as she remembered her helplessness at the moment. Nina was about five feet away from Elena's apartment after letting Ely in when someone called her.

"Hey, Nina..." the sound was vague but it was a guy's voice for sure.

Nina rubbed her tears away and turned back. It was the chocolate guy.

"Hey...umm" she suddenly realized she didn't remember his name.

"Ouch... my name is too hard for you to remember huh? It's Aaron" Aaron teased.

"Wassup?" Nina tried cheering herself up.

"You fine?" Aaron looked at her weird.

Nina immediately turned away and started walking slowly. Aaron followed.

"Yup" Nina replied weakly.

"Yeah right... I thought you could lie better than that" Aaron said.

Nina felt defensive and was about to reply but Aaron dropped the topic.

"So what's up with that Elena chick? Why does she always seem so sad?" Aaron asked bluntly.

'Heard of something called courtesy asshole?' Nina wanted to slap the arrogant idiot.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Nina yelled and quickened her pace to get away from the idiot.

Aaron followed too... but with the change of attitude.

"Look I'm sorry... I didn't mean to be rude or even to pry. Well I did mean to pry but not intentionally... like... you know what I mean." Aaron caught Nina on time.

"No... I don't know what you mean" Nina went all scary looking when she said that.

They had just reached a light pole shining brightly. Aaron pulled Nina to a bench nearby and made her sit beside him. Aaron bent so that his elbows were to his knees and turned his face towards Nina.

"Look I'm not kidding. It's crazy... I'm not like this but whenever I see Elena I just go crazy trying to just figure her out... no cancel that... I just go crazy. It's like..."

Aaron was clearly struggling for the right words and he looked so cute with his confusion clearly etched on his face.

"Like what?" Nina had a hint of smile on her face.

Aaron reminded her of a child... he looked soooo damn cute to her.

Aaron saw where her mind was going at and gave away a sigh and a weird laugh saying "it's like I get butterflies in my tummies every time I see her"

Aaron said it like a girl, blushing like hell. Nina's control gave away, she laughed and Aaron laughed with her.

After sometime Nina finally asked.

"So what do you want from me?"

Aaron's eyes went from innocent to full on mischievous and his left brow went up like he was proud of what he was about to say.

"I want you to set me up with Elena..."

--------------------

So the next part is being written... please be patient and don't give up on this one... hope you guys like it!