Chapter 1

I walk outside to smell some fresh air and look at the beautiful roses growing around the house. It's peaceful until I hear a baby cry. Not again. A voice says inside of my head. I run inside the house and comfort Willow, Katniss and Peeta's daughter. Yes, I said daughter. A few years after the war, they got married and had Willow. Katniss and Peeta went out to the market to relax a bit. The baby has caused them lots of stress, as she's a 1 year old. I never knew that kids could be so wild. I kiss Willow's chubby cheeks and stare at her crystal blue eyes. They're like a copy of Peeta's eyes. She also has Katniss's brown hair, and the curls have started to form on top of her little head. I pick her up and walk back outside. She giggles at the wind as it blows in her face.

"Hey Prim." Liz says.

I turn around and see Liz holding a basket of baby toys.

"Hey." I reply. "Need any help?"

"No. But you might want to put her in bed." She nods towards Willow, who has fallen asleep on my shoulder.

I carefully adjust Willow on my shoulder and head over to her room. Liz moved in with us about a month after the war, and life has been amazing with her. She's like my twin. We think alike, and we even have the same hair color. The only difference is that I have blue eyes, while she has chocolatey brown ones.

Willow groans as I set her down in the pink crib that I picked out with Katniss when she was pregnant. I gently rub Willow's arm and she falls asleep again. I put her stuffed animals next to her and wrap a pink blanket around her. Willow's room is very girly. It has rainbows and unicorns painted on the walls. Her crib is pink and white, and on top of it the words, 'Daddy's Princess' is engraved on the wall. I sit down in the wooden rocking chair and remember the day she was born.

*FLASHBACK*

I wake up to Katniss's screaming and run into the room. She's on the bed, crying out in pain, as Peeta grabs her hospital bag. I then look down at the bed and see a wet puddle. Her water broke. I help Peeta bring her to the car. Liz runs out of her room and helps us too. The whole way there, Katniss is screaming. When we get to the hospital, the doctors puts her on a gurney. She looks me in the eyes and says, "Whatever happens to me, just know that I love you."

Peeta walks with her to the room and tears fill my eyes as the doctors wheel her away.

Liz and I impatiently wait as we constantly hear Katniss's cries of pain. A doctor comes out after about 2 hours. We all stand up and look at him.

"Your baby is perfectly healthy, and Mrs. Mellark is fine." He says.

"Can we go see her?" I ask.

He nods and leads us to Katniss's room, where she holds a small pink baby bundle. Katniss smiles at us and I hug her.

"Was it painful?" I ask.

"Yes. Very. But it was worth it." She replies.

I look over at the baby and see a small piece of dark hair.

"She has your hair." I giggle.

Katniss grins and hands the baby over to Peeta. The baby immediately grabs his thumb, and I can tell that they have a connection.

"What's her name?" The nurse asks.

Katniss looks at Peeta and he nods.

"Willow Rue Mellark." Katniss firmly says.

I grin with tears in my eyes. I miss Rue so much.

"Would you like to hold her, Prim?" Peeta asks.

I nod and cradle the tiny baby into my arms. Her eyes flutter open and I see crystal blue eyes.

"She has your eyes, Peeta! " I gasp.

He smiles. I hand Willow over to Liz and she kisses her head. We all take pictures and Katniss stays at the hospital overnight while we get everything ready. When we get home, Willow squeals at the sight of her room. We already could tell that she wouldn't be that hard to handle.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I hear Katniss and Peeta walking into the house. I run down the stairs and see them carrying grocery bags. I set them on the counter and start putting things in the fridge.

"How was Willow?" Peeta asks.

"She cried a little, but she's sleeping now." I reply.

"Prim, we have big news." Katniss smiles and rubs her stomach.

I grin as I get an idea and Liz suddenly appears.

"I'm pregnant!" Katniss smiles.

"Katniss that's amazing! How far along?"

"4 weeks."

I smile. "When can you find out the gender?"

"When I'm 4 months pregnant. I have to go to lots of doctors appointments, so you'll have to watch Willow." She explains.

I suddenly hear screaming and run upstairs. Willow is squeezing her pink bear very tightly.

"You okay?" I ask her.

"Pwim?" Willow still can't pronounce her r's, but at least she can talk.

I lift her up out of the crib.

"You wanna see mommy and daddy?" I ask her in my baby voice.

"Mama!" She squeals.

I laugh and we carefully walk down the steps. When we get there Willow immediately runs to Katniss and Peeta. Peeta lifts her up and starts talking to her. He's such a good father. Willow's giggling the whole time.

"What should I cook for dinner?" Katniss asks.

"Spaghetti and garlic bread." I reply.

She laughs. Katniss knows that I love pasta and bread.

"Why don't you take Willow to the park?" She suggests.

"Sure." I reply.

I head upstairs and pick out a yellow dress with a white sweater for Willow. I'm wearing a light pink dress with a white sweater. Peeta appears with Willow by his side. I take her hand and start dressing her. Once her clothes are on, I braid her hair. It's pretty long for a baby; all the way down to her elbow.

"You're a good babysitter." Peeta chuckles.

"Thanks." I reply.

Right before we leave I pack a picnic basket with our lunch; peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with fruit and juice. I grab Willow's hand and we walk to the park, which is right next to the meadow. Willow immediately runs to the playground. She loves to meet new people. I carefully watch her as she plays on the playground with the other kids. I turn away for a moment because a bright butterfly catches my eyes, and when I look back, I hear a scream and see Willow on the ground, with blood pouring out of her head.

------

Hahaaa cliffhanger! remember to vote and comment!