Chapter 15

I wake up with a blanket covering me. I sit up and look around. I'm still in the living room. I guessing that I fell asleep last night while watching tv.

"Finally."

I jump at the woman's voice but am relieved to see that it's just Effie.

"Where were you yesterday?" I ask.

"Shopping, of course!" She holds up a few bags. "I always want to look my best."

I turn to the tv. Everyone is sleeping, except for Audrey. I'm guessing that she's keeping watch. An avox brings me a tray of my breakfast; waffles, eggs, a glass of orange juice, and a bowl of yogurt. I thank them and they run off. Haymitch appears and takes a seat next to me.

"Good morning." He yawns as an avox brings him a cup of coffee.

I turn back to the tv and see everyone starting to wake up. Haymitch leaves me alone after a while.

"I'm hungry." Kayla complains.

"Okay. Let's just eat some nuts." Thalia suggests.

"When will she wake up?" Jason gestures to Willow, who's still unconscious.

"Soon, I hope." Audrey replies.

"Thals, let's go hunt." Jason grabs his sword and takes his sister's hand.

"What about Willow?" She asks.

"Kayla and I can watch her. Go get some meat." Audrey says.

"Okay." Thalia says uncertainly.

Jason practically throws Thalia out of the cave. They come back in two seconds later.

"It's burning out there!" Jason exclaims.

He takes his jacket off to reveal a red T-shirt. Thalia does the same thing and they're off again. Audrey and Kayla shove nuts in their mouths.

Willow suddenly sits up and coughs, her eyes flying open. Audrey hands her a bottle of water. After Willow gulps it down, she immediately peels her jacket off.

"Wha-what happened?" She asks.

"Vanessa. She cut your leg. And your head. " Audrey explains.

"Oh. Where's Thalia and Jason?" She frantically searches the cave.

"Hunting." Kayla chimes. "We got some sponsor gifts." She reveals the two parachutes.

"We were hungry, but wanted to wait for you." Audrey explains.

"You didn't have to do that." Willow smiles.

Thalia suddenly runs in with a bag of meat, and her dark hair flying around her face. Jason soon follows, clutching his arm.

"We got attacked by some weird turkeys." Thalia explains. She then notices Willow.

"Hey!" Thalia leans down and gives her a hug.

Audrey fixes up Jason's arm while Willow fixes everyone a plate of food. Soon they're all eating and chatting with each other. Haymitch suddenly rushes into the room and grasps my arm.

"What?" I hiss.

"Change of plans. We have to go. Now." He says urgently.

"You mean..." My eyes widen. We're leaving to the hovercraft so we can help Willow escape.

"Is everything okay?" Effie asks.

"Umm...yes! We're just going to...visit Finnick!" I lie.

I quickly run to my room and grab the locket Liz gave me, along with a few clothes. I go into Willows room, too, and see Liz's locket in her drawer. I stuff it into my pocket and head back to the living room. Haymitch and I run to the elevator and once we step out of it run to a secret door. I step through it and see the Capitol people going about their day.

"To the left." Haymitch says.

We quickly run and are met by Finnick, Annie, and Johanna. I see a small hovercraft floating in the air behind the hotel.

"Come on!" Finnick says.

We quickly follow him and watch the hovercraft lower a ladder. I step on first and climb as fast as I can. Once I step on someone immediately gives me a hug. I step back and see Peeta. He smiles at me, but I see black dust covering his face.

"What happened?" I ask.

Tears fill his eyes. I look behind him and see Leo running towards me with a bandage wrapped around his arm.

"Aunt Prim!" He shouts.

I give him a hug.

"What happened?" I say.

Before he can answer, Katniss comes over to me. She's holding an unconscious girl with a bloody bandage wrapped around her forehead. I suddenly wonder where in the world Layla is. I give Katniss a kiss on the cheek and look down at the child. I scream at the top of my lungs as suddenly realize who it is.

Layla.

----

Cliffhanger :) this was probably short lol. remember to vote and comment!