Chapter 11

I wake up with my mouth hanging open. I suddenly realize that I'm screaming. Sunlight streams in through the window and Willow suddenly runs inside, looking half asleep.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"Bad dream." I shake my head.

Willow walks over to me and wipes my face with her sleeve. It's only then that I realize I was crying. How embarrassing.

"I thought about it. I'm going to tell Haymitch about Audrey and stuff. But first, before training starts, we're talking to Vanessa."

Willows eyes widen and she shakes her head.

"That girl is gonna kill me." Tears fill her crystal blue eyes.

"She won't. If she does, she'll pay. I promise. Now, go get dressed." I say.

"Fine." Willow groans and walks back to her room.

I laugh as I brush through my long hair. Willow appears after about 10 minutes, wearing her training outfit. Her hair is pulled back in a long braid that goes down her back. Willow really does look like Katniss.

"Let's go eat and then we'll go." I say.

She nods and we walk over to the dining cart, where we find Haymitch.

"That screaming sounded like a dying baby whale." Haymitch grumbles as he drinks a cup of coffee.

I clear my throat and he jerks, spilling the coffee all over himself. Willow giggles and I crack a smile, while Haymitch glares at me. He simply slips his robe off, revealing a t-shirt and pajama pants.

"What do you want?" He asks.

I lean over to his ear and start whispering.

"Remember the girl Willow was talking about? Her name is Audrey, they're allying, and her little sister is sick. Their dad died. Willow feels bad for her. She wants you to rescue Audrey in the Games. "

Haymitch looks over at Willow, who's giving him her big eye look. He sighs.

"I'll go talk to Plutarch."

"Yes!" Willow squeals.

****

"Don't worry. I'll do all the talking." I reassure Willow in the elevator.

She nervously tugs on her braid. "Hopefully, there'll be no more death threats."

The elevator stops, interrupting our conversation, as a girl steps onto the elevator.

"Audrey?" Willow gasps.

They hug each other and Willow introduces me. I shake hands with Audrey and whisper into her ear.

"I heard about your sister. I'm so sorry. We have a plan. Don't mention it though."

Audrey nods and smiles at me. The elevator pings again and we step off.

"Nice meeting you!" I call out to Audrey. She waves.

"Let's get this over with." Willow grumbles.

I knock on the door and, oh, gasp, there stand Vanessa herself, with her dark hair in a high ponytail.

"Oh. It's 'My Parents Are Famous' and the 'I Lead The Rebellion' girls." She hisses. "What do you want?"

"Hmm...oh, I don't know. Maybe, stop insulting my family, leave Willow alone, blablabla, ..." I count my fingers.

Vanessa glares at me. "Your point is?"

"My point." I breathe in her face. "Is that you need to get away from Willow. Or else."

She laughs. "Wow. Great comebacks." (I need help with this guys. I'm horrible at comebacks omg)

"I will personally go into the games and snap your neck if I have to. Trust me, I've been through hell. I can think of plenty of ways to hurt you. But I'm not that cruel."

"Oh, I'm so scared. Come on, where do you learn this stuff?"

"Listen hear, you." I grit my teeth and lean down to her height. "Don't you dare hurt a hair on Willow. I don't tolerate these actions. You don't know what I'm capable of. I've accomplished more in 2 years than you ever will in your life. If you even think about touching her, I will make sure that you will regret that you ever lived."

Her dark eyes widen, and for the first time, I see fear.

"Close your mouth. You don't want to catch flies." Willow laughs and we walk away, leaving Vanessa with her eyes bulging out of her head.

-----

Guys, I'm horrible at comebacks. My bad. Remember to vote and comment!