Chapter 5

I smooth out my blue dress and wait for the doorbell to ring. Katniss and Peeta are busy in the kitchen, setting the table, while Willow runs around in her yellow sundress, holding her teddy bear. I suddenly hear a knock and quickly open it. There stands my mother. I wrap my arms around her and she kisses my cheek. Katniss appears from the kitchen and hugs my mother, too. I hear another knock and this time it's Finnick and Annie with their children.

"Auntie Prim!" Thalia screeches as she jumps into my arms.

I laugh and Willow appears around the corner. She sees my mother and hugs her legs.

"Come in." I gesture to Finnick, Annie, and Jason. Thalia jumps down from my arms and takes Willow's hand. They run off to the playroom with Jason.

The doorbell rings again and I open it to find Haymitch, Johanna, Effie, Beetee, and Mags. A few minutes later, we're all sitting in the dining room and are waiting for Katniss and Peeta. I'm sitting next to Liz and Willow, in case she spills food all over her clothes. Katniss brings out a plate of steaming chicken and places it in the middle of the table. Peeta follows behind her and places a pot of stew, and then they sit down. Once everyone's finished eating, Katniss clinks her spoon against a glass of water.

"We have some news."

I can see a bead of sweat dripping down her forehead as everyone's looks at her. Peeta pats her back reassuringly and after a few moments of silence, Katniss opens her mouth.

"I'm pregnant."

******

I hear a few gasps and look at my mother. Her face is white as she looks down at her plate. And then she looks up and grins.

"I'm happy for you, Katniss." My mother reaches over and kisses Katniss on the cheek.

Katniss looks surprised at first, but then she smiles. Everyone else is still in shock, and Willow breaks the silence.

"Baby!" She screams.

Everyone bursts out laughing. Peeta disappears into the kitchen and comes back out with a vanilla cake. It's covered in blue frosting and has a baby boy on the front. I helped him bake it this morning. Willow tried to help, too, but she just ended up making a mess with the flour.

"This cake is delicious." Katniss says.

"Prim helped." Peeta replies.

I smile and continue to feed Willow. She's getting cake all over her dress, but Katniss said that she doesn't mind. The rest of the night is filled with laughter, which is mainly caused by Willow. I fall asleep that night next to my mother, remembering how she would comfort me if I had nightmares.

------

The ending of this chapter is bad😁 oops. Remember to vote and comment! I'm gonna speed this book up, so in the next chapter it'll be 8 years later. I hope you don't mind!