Chapter 13

"I love you, Willow." I say as I stroke her hair.

"I love you too." Tears stream down Willow's face.

"It's okay. You'll be fine. " I reassure her.

"It's time to go!" Willow's stylist exclaims.

I give Willow one last hug before she's pulled away from me. I watch as she disappears and then go to Haymitch.

"When are we leaving?" I whisper.

"Tomorrow at night." He replies.

We sit in the living room and turn on the tv. I hear a knock and open it to find Finnick, Annie, and Johanna.

"Can we watch with you?" Johanna asks.

"Sure. " I reply.

Everyone takes a seat and soon the games start. The arena is covered in thick snow, and there's a huge forest next to the cornucopia. There's also a lake, but it's frozen over. The tributes rise up from their platforms. All of them are wearing brown winter pants and thick snow coats with some boots. I look for Willow and wsee her next to Audrey. They're glancing at each other and making facial expressions. A boy steps off of his plate too early and explodes, sending bits of him in tributes faces. One of them hits Vanessa, who screams and wipes it off of her face. A cannon goes off. (Sorry if that was gross) Claudius Templesmith starts the countdown, and once he hits one, Willow takes off. Vanessa hurtles a knife towards her head and I can't breathe for a moment. Then Audrey tells her to duck. The knife hits a girl running towards the woods. She falls to the ground, her blood painting the snow red. Willow grabs two backpacks and a dozen of knifes, along with some daggers. Willow also manages to grab a bow and arrow. She then motions for Audrey, Thalia, and Jason to follow her into the woods. The camera stays on the cornucopia, and we all watch as Vanessa try to kill everyone. The other careers are watching her with fear in their eyes.

"Wow." I mutter.

"Vicious beast." Finnick mumbles.

We all laugh and the camera cuts back to Willow, Thalia, Jason, and Audrey. They're all walking now. Willow stops and climbs a tree. The others follow. Once they're high enough, Willow opens up the packs. In a blue one, there's a small medical kit, some dried fruit, a full bottle of water, a sleeping bag, and a pack of peanuts. In the orange one, there's an empty bottle of water, a few more knives-which Willow hands to Audrey-, two sleeping bags, and a bottle of some green cream. Willow stuffs her weapons into the orange backpack and hands the blue one to Thalia. They all climb out of the tree and start walking again. Audrey stops the others for a moment.

"I heard something." She whispers.

I strain my ears and hear a rustling in the bush. A bunny jumps out. Jason immediately stabs it.

"Jason!" Willow exclaims.

"It's food." Jason replies as he wraps the dead bunny in plastic.

"Are those berries?" Thalia asks as she points to the blue berries in the bush.

"That's night lock!" I tell Haymitch.

"Willow knows, doesn't she?" He says.

"That's nightlock!" Willow exclaims, swatting Thalia's hand away from the bush.

"Never mind." I laugh.

"What's nightlock?" Jason asks.

"A poisonous berry." Willow replies.

"Good to know." Audrey says.

I hear another rustle, but this time it's in the trees.

Willow draws her bow. "Who is that?" She calls out.

I see a head of black hair. My heart stops, thinking it's Vanessa.

"Hold this." Willow says and hands her bow to Audrey.

"What if it's Vanessa?" Audrey whispers.

"Tell my family I love them." Willow then smiles. "Just kidding! I have like three knives in my pocket. She doesn't scare me."

I watch Willow climb up the tree. After a few moments of whispering, Willow comes down with the girl from District 11.

"This is Kayla. She's from District 11. I don't know why, but they put her in, even though she's only ten. Her sister was Rue." Willow says softly.

The girl looks younger then ten. I don't know how she got into the games.

"Hi." Kayla smiles.

Thalia tucks her long dark hair behind her ear and smiles at Kayla.

"Do you have any other siblings at home?"

"Yes. Two sisters and a little brother. But my other sister died after the games." She wipes her eyes.

My face falls. Her sister must have died during the tribute parade, when we heard the gunshot. Johanna squeezes my hand.

"Oh. " Thalia says in a small voice.

Kayla repeatedly rubs her arm. Audrey notices and asks her about it.

"I hurt it when I was running away. That girl, Vanessa? She threw a knife at me." Kayla rolls up her sleeve and then covers it again.

"It's too cold."

"Let's go find somewhere to rest." Jason suggests.

The camera switches back to the careers. Haymitch pauses the tv.

" I know how to only make it show Willow, Audrey Jason, and Thalia." Haymitch says.

"Really? Can you change it back if you need to?" I ask.

He nods and clicks a few buttons. The tv shows Willow and the others sitting in a cave.

"Let's see your arm." Willow rolls up Kayla's sleeve to find a long red cut.

"It doesn't look too deep." Willow says.

Audrey digs through her pack and pulls out the cream and bandages while Thalia and Jason set up camp. Willow rubs the cream onto Kayla's arm and then wraps the bandage around it. Audrey risks a fire and cooks the fat rabbit. After they've feast on rabbit and some dried fruit, Willow and Audrey offer to keep watch. I switch to the careers and see them walking through the forest.

"Where is everyone?" She screeches.

Haymitch switches back to Willow and Audrey. Audrey starts to doze off while they keep watch.

"Go to sleep. I'll wake you when something happens." Willow suggests.

Audrey nods and climbs into her sleeping bag. A few moments later, I hear a noise in the woods, and some yelling. Willow grabs her knifes and crawls against the cave walls. The shouting gets louder and I see a group starting to appear. They run towards the cave, shouting in victory. I recognize a face in the middle with a wide grin around her evil face. The moonlight shines on her piercing black eyes. I stifle a scream.

Vanessa.

----

This chapter was probably boring omg sorry. Remember to vote and comment!