Chapter 14

Willow must realize who it is or something, because she starts to frantically wake everyone up. They start shoving things into their packs and grasp all of their weapons. The careers enter the cave and Vanessa grins at Willow.

"I'll take care of the brunette." She tells the others.

Willow steps outside the cave with Vanessa and frowns at her.

"You don't scare me. My aunt killed your aunt. What chance do you have against me?"

Vanessa screams and slices the knife across Willow's forehead. Blood falls into her eyes. Willow stumbles, but not before she throws a knife at Vanessa. It lands into her thigh and she screams.

Thalia and Jason are dealing with two careers, but they seem fine. Kayla and Audrey are doing pretty good themselves. They're dealing with the girl from one.

I turn back to Vanessa and Willow. Vanessa takes the knife out and throws it at Willow, who is trying to control the blood flowing from her forehead.

"Willow, duck!" Thalia screeches as she stabs the District 2 male.

Willow falls to the ground, the knife sailing over her head and landing in a treeShe continues to fight Vanessa. Vanessa screams in frustration and starts to head towards Kayla. Willow loads her bow and shoots an arrow at Vanessa, who falls to the ground, screaming in pain. Three cannons go off; one for the male from District one, one for the female, and the other is for the District two male. Vanessa lays on the ground, taking the arrow out of her back, as she stares at the sky, waiting for death. Tears rapidly stream down her face. Willow walks over to her, wiping blood out of her face, while everyone glances at them.

"You know, it's not my adult my aunt killed your aunt. If you weren't so mean, we could've been friends, and I wouldn't have tried to kill you. "

Vanessa glares at Willow as her breathing slows down.

"I...wanted...to meet...my aunt." She pauses, trying to catch her breath. "You got...to meet yours...I was jealous." Just as her eyes start to close, she whispers one last thing. "Before I die, I want to say one more thing: Never mess with Vanessa Fitzgerald."

With her last bit of of strength, Vanessa grabs a knife and throws it at Willow. I scream, watching the knife sail through the air. Willow, or any of the others, can't register what's happening until the knife lands in her leg. Vanessa weakly laughs and then is cut short by her cannon. Willow falls to the ground, blacking out.

********

"We have to help her!" I scream.

"Calm down. I know where to get sponsors. Follow me." Finnick says.

I walk with Finnick to the first floor of the tribute hotel, where I see a big screen with Willow on it. Thalia and Audrey drag an unconscious Willow into the cave while Jason and Kayla grab the careers' supplies.

I head over to the Capitol sponsors that are watching the games in horror. A woman with bright pink hair comes over to me and pats my head.

"I'm so sorry about Willow. Would you like me to send anything?"

I quickly nod.

"Thank you. She probably needs medicine, or some type of ointment. "

"Oh, I can do that. I'll even send in a medical kit." She laughs.

"Thank you so much." I say.

"Oh, no problem. I'd do anything for Willow." The woman smiles.

"Okay. We'll, I gotta go. But it was nice meeting you!" I say and wave to her.

I head over to another woman, this time with green hair.

"Hello. Sorry about Willow." She says.

"She'll be fine, I'm sure. She's strong." I say.

"Would you like me to send anything?"

"If it won't be any trouble, maybe some food? I'm not sure if they can go hunt for a while."

"Of course."

"I gotta go, but thank you!" I wave to her.

She waves back and Finnick and I head over to my floor.

"They were nice." I mutter.

"Well, you are, 'The legendary Primrose Everdeen!" Finnick emphasizes.

I burst out laughing as we stop at floor 4.

"I'm going to sleep. I'll be back tomorrow." He says and runs back to his room.

My stomach twists, thinking about poor Willow. I quickly run back to the living room and sit down next to Haymitch. He presses play and I see Audrey, desperately rubbing cream on Willow's leg and forehead.

"I heard something outside." Kayla exclaims.

"Haven't we had enough." Thalia groans, putting her hair up in a ponytail.

Kayla steps outside and comes back with two huge silver parachutes.

"Yes!" Jason fist bumps the air.

Audrey takes one of them and opens it to find a huge medical kit. She starts fixing Willow up while the others open up the other parachute. In there sits a a few plates, a container full of rice and chicken, a small pot of stew, some bread rolls, and for dessert, a mini chocolate cake. Willow's favorite. (See what I did there😂) There's even some silverware.

"Woah!" Jason starts to grab a roll but Thalia swats his hand away.

"We need to wait for Willow. It's only fair." She explains.

Jason nods, and they glance over at Willow. Audrey wraps a bandage around her forehead and then puts a blanket over her. Audrey sits back and sighs.

"I hope shes okay."

Me too, Audrey.

Me too.

------

I hope you liked this! Remember to vote and comment!