Chapter 3

*A FEW MONTHS LATER*

"Prim, we're going to be late!" Katniss yells from downstairs.

"I'm coming!" I reply.

I quickly grab Willow's hand and we run outside. Katniss is going to the doctor to see what gender the baby is. All of us are going. Liz, Willow, and I squeeze into the backseat.

"Katniss, we need a bigger car." I laugh.

"We'll get one before the baby is born." She replies from the front seat.

The drive is pretty quite until Willow starts blabbering about her teddy bears. Her vocabulary has expanded over the past few months. Willow can say all of our names now, and seems to understand that she's getting a sibling. I notice her rubbing Katniss's stomach a lot and saying, 'Baby'.

"Let's go." Peeta says when we pull up into the parking lot.

I help Willow get out of the car and smooth out her white dress. Liz and I grab Willow's hands and swing her as we walk into the hospital. We wait in a room for a little bit and then the nurse leads us to a room. Katniss lays down on a bed and the nurse checks the normal stuff, like her blood pressure and heartbeat.

"The doctor will be here in a moment." The nurse says and leaves the room.

"I think it's a boy." Katniss grins.

"I want another girl." Peeta replies.

"What about you, Prim?" Katniss turns to me.

"I think it's a boy." I say. "You did say that the baby kicks you a lot."

The doctor interrupts our conversation and opens the door.

"Hello, Katniss. Let's see what the gender is, shall we?"

Katniss nods and pulls up her shirt. I can see a slightly big baby bump. The doctor rubs a blue cream on her belly and we see an image of the baby on the television.

"Baby!" Willow exclaims as she points to her sibling.

Everyone laughs and she looks pleased.

The doctor writes a few things down on his clipboard and smiles Katniss and Peeta.

"It's a boy."

Katniss kisses Peeta and the doctor hands her a napkin to wipe the gel off. Once she gets off of the bed the doctor hands her some pills.

"Take these. They'll help." Katniss nods and tells Liz, Willow and I to head to the car.

I buckle Willow up and take a seat next to her.

"Are you excited?" Liz asks me.

"Yeah. Are you?"

"Yup. I can't wait to pick out the decorations for his room."

"Me too. And his name." I grin.

"What about you, Willow?" Liz pokes her belly and Willow starts giggling.

"Baby?" She repeatedly asks.

"Yeah. Baby brother." I say.

"Broder?" Willow looks at me.

I nod and she starts to giggle.

Just then we see Katniss and Peeta walking towards the car. Once we start driving, I ask Peeta about the decorations.

"We might get them next week." He answers.

"Is there enough room for another baby?"

"We have a big house, and there are about five extra rooms. We're good."

I stare out the window the rest of the drive, remembering the way life used to be.

------

This chapter was really boring and short, I know. I have writers block 😅 please send me some ideas, I've gotten maybe 2. I seriously have no idea. I know what I'm doing later on in the book, but now, I don't know. So please either message me or comment below your ideas. Remember to vote!