Chapter 18

I wake up in a white room, wearing a blue hospital gown. I touch my head, feeling the rough cloth wrapped around it. There's a tube attached to my arm. Willow is across from me, sleeping peacefully while hooked up to dozen of wires. Audrey and the others are right next to her. Fear courses through my head. Where are we? The Capitol? I try to wiggle out of the restraints when someone enters the room. Katniss. Leo is trailing along, holding her hand.

"Katniss?" I croak.

She sadly smiles at me. Her eyes are puffy and red.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Layla." Her voice cracks. "The peacekeepers took her away."

"What?!" I screech. Tears stream down my face.

Katniss nods and buries her face in her hands.

Leo takes my hand.

"Aunt Prim, we'll get Layla back, right?"

"Yup. I'm going myself."

"What?" Katniss looks up.

"I'm going, Katniss. You're not stopping me. "

"What if you get hurt?"

"I'm not. I'll be fine. " I say.

A nurse enters the room.

"Mrs. Mellark, you need to leave. You can visit her later."

I hug Katniss and Leo and they leave the room.

"Okay, Primrose. You got a minor concussion and a few bruises. But other than that, you're fine. Just take it easy for a while."

I nod. "Can I leave?"

"Yes, just let me take out your IV and restraints."

She gently takes the tube out of my arm. Once the nurse takes the restraints off, she hands me gray clothes. District 13 clothes. I slip them on and walk over to Willow, stroking her hair. There's a thick bandage wrapped around her forehead, alone with one on her leg. I leave the room and am immediately met by a short blond women and a thin, very pale, blond little girl. The girl has a mask on her face and is coughing a lot.

"Excuse me. Are you Primrose Everdeen?" The woman asks.

I nod, and she immediately hugs me.

"I'm Audrey's mother. Thank you for convincing them to help us. "

I smile and look at the little girl. Her bright blue eyes are staring at me intently.

"Hi. What's your name?" I ask.

"Madison." Her voice is muffled by the mask.

"You're a very pretty girl."

"Thank you. I wish that I wasn't so sick. " Tears fill her eyes.

"Does anything hurt?" I ask.

"Yes. My tummy and my head."

"Oh. Well, get well soon." I pat her head.

A boy looking about 17 appears around the corner.

"Mom, we need to go." He calls. I'm guessing he's Audrey's older brother, Brandon.

"Coming! " Audrey's mother replies. "It's was nice meeting you." She smiles at me and leaves with Madison.

I walk down the hallway and am surprised to see Johanna.

"Hi." I say.

"Hey. Im sorry about Layla." She frowns. "I really hate the Capitol."

"Me too. Do you know where the medics are? The ones that are leaving for the Capitol?" I ask.