Part 17: Emotional overbust

Mr. Saltzman: Okay then Introduce yourself... 

Jungkook stood up

Jungkook stood up... Took a deep breath and went to stand in front of the class... Mr. Saltzman was taken aback... he was surprised by Jungkook's strange action...

Jungkook looked at Taehyung before he starts... just a glance... then he was back... with confidence he faced the class... his eyes still swollen and face all flushed...

JK: Hey everyone... I am Jungkook... I am a freshman... I just shifted here a few weeks ago... Firstly I liked it, although it was way different from my home back in Busan, where people are so friendly, warm and generous... but still I tried to adjust with everyone here...

*He paused for a moment before continuing*

JK: I shifted to a quiet and strange neighborhood... I made a few friends in first few days... I thought people are so kind here... I met my good friend Jimin... *pointing in Jimin's direction, everyone started turning their heads towards his direction* I will not lie, he really is a good person from the heart... He made me feel home in this bizarre place...I really adore you Jimin... I somehow know that we are gonna be good friends for a long time... *pause* 2 days ago if anyone would ask me how am feeling? I would have said... "It's more than I asked for in so less time in a new place" but nothing is perfect...

Suddenly Jungkook felt a lump forming in his throat... He was starting to well up again... but he controlled himself... Because this has to stop sooner than later... He can't ask Jin to protect him, to help him forever... He has to take a stand for himself...

He continued taking a sharp breath...

JK:  So here it is... yesterday was the first day of my new school... I had a lot of thought before entering the front gate of this prestigious school... I studied so hard to get in... and I was so happy when I got a scholarship... But I didn't know that everything has a price... In less than 15 minutes of entering this premises, I was physically and mentally hurt by a sophomore student... and you know my only mistake was that I asked him politely for directions... Which didn't end well... I was locked in a dark room for an hour and was physically hurt... Then all I asked him for his apology that's it... But I was humiliated in front of the whole school... I was called lier... making me feel like a fool... And was asked to keep my mouth shut because the bad boy is the school's idol... so yeah am loving being here... Just two days in this school and I am already scarred... Thank you, guys... Thank you very much for accepting me with your open arms... I rest my case here... And am sorry Mr. Saltzman for taking too much of your time...

With that Jungkook excused his professor and left the class...