Treasure Trail

Chapter Two

"Coming!" Antoine exclaimed as he heard the loud bangs on the door.

"Morning" Caleb smiled. He felt shivers coming down his spine as Antoine smiled back.

"Morning" he beamed. "Please, come in."

Antoine's house was big but nothing over the top, fancy yet minimalistic, luxurious yet simple. Caleb didn't looked too surprised at the awesomeness of Antoine's house since he grew up in a similar one. He, however, was more surprised at how Antoine's ass looked so fine in the navy blue track pants he was wearing. Big big booty, yeah you got a big booty. How inappropriate.

"Can I offer you something to drink?" Antoine asked pointing towards the kitchen. "I know it's quite early."

"No, I'm fine" Caleb cleared his throat, he would've liked some of his cakes. "Thank you though."

"So..." Antoine trailed off. "About my shoulder"

"What about it?" Caleb raised his eyebrows. "I told you everything that needs to be told yesterday."

"Don't you need to recheck it?" Antoine suggested, feeling dumb after saying those words. "Just to be sure."

"Not really" Caleb said. "It will take your shoulder a couple of days to recover. Just be patient."

"Then, what should we do?" Antoine shrugged.

"Just have some rest" Caleb suggested. "Don't put too much effort on your shoulder, just make slow and gentle movements."

Antoine nodded. "What about trainings? Can I at least run or do some workouts?"

"I would just walk a couple of miles in the treadmill, but no weightlifting, no abs and no running" Caleb said, Antoine frowned. "Well, at least for the first week."

"Okay" Antoine grimaced.

"I know how frustrating this must be to you, but you need to wait a couple of weeks until your shoulder can move again" Caleb explained. "Patience is the key."

"Yes, you're right" Antoine sighed.

Caleb's stomach roared as Antoine finished his sentence. "I'm sorry," he added shamefully, he's cheeks burning red.

"Why don't you have breakfast with me?" Antoine suggested. "It's the most important meal of the day."

Caleb though in turning down his invitation. "Thank you," he said. "I'd love that."

"Great" Antoine smiled widely. He felt shivers down his spine as Caleb smiled back.

A big window depicting Madrid's landscape faced them as they sat down in front of a vast selection of fruits, dairy and bread. The sunlight shimmered Caleb's trimmed beard making it look extremely yellow, Antoine sat down in front of him, taking a look at the man that was in front him. Caleb felt hot as the sunlight started warming him up, Antoine saw as he struggled to take his sweater off. His pupils widened as he could make out Caleb's golden treasure tail and a tip of his pubes, he felt his heartbeat raising and started feeling a little tighter in his crotch. This could not be happening.

Caleb adjusted his shirt quickly as he felt how his abs were exposed. He looked at Antoine, who looked away as they made eye contact. Antoine tried to readjust in his seat trying to act cool with the throbbing boner between his legs. What the actual fuck? Antoine thought alarmed to himself, he was certain that he liked girls, but his erect friend in his legs said otherwise.

"Everything okay?" Caleb asked.

"Absolutely" Antoine gulped. "Please, help yourself."

They took a couple of hours to eat since they were chitchatting between each bite. There was an inevitable and undeniable chemistry between them, however, nor Caleb or Antoine was ready to accept it.

Caleb scheduled an appointment for the following week before leaving, six days to be exact. Caleb stretched Antoine's hand before heading towards his car. Antoine closed the door and realized that he hasn't stopped smiling, he erased the smile on his face as he looked at himself in the foyer mirror. He ran upstairs to his bathroom and stared at his reflection, he felt anger taking over him as he considered being attracted to his doctor. That was impossible, he has always being attracted to girls not dudes, but as soon as he remembered those golden hairs on Caleb's treasure trail in the morning and the way he would be playing with them...

"Putain!" He shouted at the mirror. "I'm not gay."

After wondering around the city for half a day Caleb drove back home with a huge cloud of bewilderment in his head. He walked absentmindedly to his apartment, as soon as he got out of the elevator, he saw Gabriel sitting at the step of his door. He rested his head over his arms that were placed over his knees, he seems like he had been waiting for a long time. He raised his head as he heard someone approaching, he didn't wave back at Caleb, he was looking really mad.

"You should be the one waiting for me outside my apartment" Gabriel snapped as Caleb was in front of him. "Apparently, I mean shit to you."

"Let's talk inside" Caleb said calmly. "Don't do this here."

"Do what! A scene?" Gabriel raised his sarcastic tone.

"I promise I will explain everything, just come in" Caleb looked at him in the eyes. "Please..."

Gabriel stormed in his apartment, he looked at Caleb madly as he closed the door. "So?" Gabriel demanded.

"Gab, I owe you an apology" Caleb said.

"Clearly" Gabriel scoffed.

"Would you just let me talk?" Caleb snapped. "I know you're mad, but please, let me explain."

Gabriel raised his eyebrows.

"I'm not proud of my behavior yesterday, I don't know what happened, it was utterly inappropriate and I'm deeply sorry for it" Caleb blubbered. "You have been nothing but wonderful with me and the way I treated you yesterday was so unacceptable."

"Hey, hey" Gabriel drew neared to Caleb. "It's done, okay? I forgive you."

"Really?" Caleb dried his tears. "I'm so sorry, Gab."

"Everything is forgotten" Gabriel kissed Caleb in the forehead. "Don't worry, baby."

"Thank you, Gab" Caleb sighed.

"I think I crossed the line too yesterday" Gabriel confessed. "Making those unnecessary comments about the French guy."

Caleb shrugged off.

"It's not that you're into him, right?" Gabriel asked.

Caleb didn't respond and avoided eye contact.

"Right, Caleb?" Gabriel demanded.

In the other part of the city, Antoine still thought about the incident in the morning. "It's not that you're into him, right?" He thought as he stared at his reflection. "Right?!" He demanded to himself.

"I don't know!" Antoine and Caleb exclaimed at the unison.

Antoine clenched his fist and punched the mirror in front of him, watching how it shredded into pieces. Antoine hyperventilated as he saw blood flowing down the sink. He shook his head and tried to control his respiration. It was the first time he was feeling that way, it was confusing and frustrating. He needed to figure out what was going on, it was kind of obvious but he tried not thinking about it.

"I might be gay."